What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discover magazine

Hey Everybody, I am missing my most favorite article on Nepenthes of all times! I am sure that some of you have read this article, if not, go to your library and find it!
It appered in Discover Magazine in October 2001.
If anyone has an extra copy of this Magazine they would be willing to part with, please PM me.

Flesh-eating Plants
Where rocks sing, ants swim, and plants eat animals
By Eric Hansen
Photography by Richard Barnes
DISCOVER Vol. 22 No. 10 | October 2001

Hey Steve!
Good to see you're still breathing despite the business at the Gardens (I saw your name in the Kalamazoo paper on the Polar Express exhibit!)!
As for the article you're looking for, is that the one when they go in search of N. campanulata? If it is, here's the link to that article without pics. Great story, nonetheless!! I hope you'll find a back issue of the article soon enough. How are my babies doing??

Take care,

Amori

Hi Steve,

I own a single copy of the Discover magazine - October 2001 of course.
smile.gif
If you have broadband I can scan this article and send it to you by Email.

Cheers Joachim

For $1.00 you can buy the article from Discover.com

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Dec. 06 2004,6:48)]Hey Steve!
Good to see you're still breathing despite the business at the Gardens (I saw your name in the Kalamazoo paper on the Polar Express exhibit!)!
As for the article you're looking for, is that the one when they go in search of N. campanulata?  If it is, here's the link to that article without pics.  Great story, nonetheless!!  I hope you'll find a back issue of the article soon enough.  How are my babies doing??

Take care,

Amori
Hey Buddy, yeh thats the article. Your plants are doing very well.

I apreciate the suggestions from everyone. I realize that I can buy the srticle on line, but I want the magazine.

I will keep looking...

Steve

Back