What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grilled cheese sandwiches

• Thread starter Rubra
  • Start date
It never ceases to amaze me what people will sell on ebay, and the stuff people will buy.
confused.gif

Jimmy Hoffa looks more like Richard Nixon.

Does anybody see anything on the Virgin Mary?

Looks like the Virgin Mary seems to look more like Jessica from the movie Carrie. lol

Man, people really have NO life selling a piece of bread they they so carefully inscribed a photo on.

It's crazy what people buy on ebay! I feel sorry for the buyers...they must be rich...

I feel even more sorry for the people that offer that crap on ebay... They must be flat broke.
Or just have way to much time...
smile_h_32.gif

Well, sometimes you just have nothing better to do with your time (and your grilled cheese sandwiches) and sometimes people just pay $28 K for your lunch...

I get annoyed with the concept of "shipping and handling." How many of us have paid $4 shipping on an ebay item and it comes in a envelope with a $1 of postage?

Do not laugh...I am making money on e-bay. That stock the BEST!!! Actually more of this insane crud is good for the stock.
laugh.gif
I figure you are dumb enough to buy it, then let them buy it.

There WAS a REAL Virgin Mary toast, it sold on ebay and the toasted sandwich was made in 1991.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Everyone thought it was fake but it got passed as genuine and sold for hundreds of pounds.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

It was all over the news here.

Another one is born everyday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I get annoyed with the concept of "shipping and handling." How many of us have paid $4 shipping on an ebay item and it comes in a envelope with a $1 of postag

It may annoy you but it can save you money. Some sellers put some of the profit in the shipping price. The reason is because ebay don't charge a fee for the shipping. So the seller can sell it for overall a lower price since he pays less fees to ebay.

The ghosts of Mary, Hoffa, and Lennon must be seriously bored if all they have to do lately is put their visages on food. ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Dec. 09 2004,3:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I get annoyed with the concept of "shipping and handling." How many of us have paid $4 shipping on an ebay item and it comes in a envelope with a $1 of postag

It may annoy you but it can save you money. Some sellers put some of the profit in the shipping price. The reason is because ebay don't charge a fee for the shipping. So the seller can sell it for overall a lower price since he pays less fees to ebay.
I never thought of it that way...
smile_l_32.gif
Great point!

I still don't see anything on the virgin mary sandwich...

So that's what happened to Jimmy Hoffa. I guess that clears Chuckie O'Brian.

Back