What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this world coming to?

• Thread starter sarracenia
  • Start date
The guitarist's brother, Vinnie Paul Abbott, the drummer for Damageplan, was rushed to safety offstage and tearfully tried to learn his brother's fate from officers who had little information in the confusion.

I copied this from CNN I don't think Vinnie is dead.

I was able to pay tribute last night on stage. Being from TX I've crossed path with them on occasion. Almost always by accident. Dime was always down to earth, animated, but down to earth. Sucks can't say anything else.

I heard from a friend in LA that Vinnie wasn't shot. Panteras website still says that both were shot.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Breaking News: Dimebag and Vinnie shot at Columbus Damageplan Show.
I guess it goes to show the confusion and rumors that go on after something like this.

To the guy that said that the only reasons to have guns are hunting and dealing drugs. I own guns and I don't hunt or deal drugs. I like target shooting. I love shooting guns. I also want to be able to protect my family and myself if I ever need to.
I have had a situation where my gun saved lives. I was at a house when a guy showed up with a knife, and tried to stab his ex gf and her daughter. I pulled my gun and he stopped and left. Because I had a gun nobody was hurt even the guy with the knife. I had every right to shot this guy, but I didn't because I made sure he saw the gun and I gave him the opportunity to leave. If I had to I would have shot him.
I agree that we should have gun laws, but I think the laws we have in place are not working. A criminal don't care about gun laws and no matter how tough they are it will not stop somebody that wants one to commit a crime. We need a way to get the guns out of criminals hands. They are the ones that do almost all of the killings.

This is a qoute from CNN posted on Panteras website

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]According to eyewitness accounts, the gunman initially shot and killed the band's guitarist, Dimebag Darrell. Darrell, 38, and his brother, Vinnie Paul, 40, are former members of Pantera -- a group they formed in the 1980s. Their father is Jerry Abbott, a country and western songwriter and producer.

The following is posted at the Web site of WCMH TV Channel 4, the NBC affiliate in Columbus at http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3983630/detail.htm

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Two members of the heavy metal band Damageplan were reportedly shot and killed, including Dimebag Darrell, formerly with the band Pantera, NBC 4's David Wayne reported. The other band member's name was not released. The alleged gunman also died at the scene, Wayne reported.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Guns do not kill people. People kill people.

You could also say "Guns don't kill kids. Kids kill kids."

But that would be manipulative. And I don't believe it anyway. My opinions on gun control are not in line with my otherwise way-left political views. I support private gun ownership.

I agree that, in the LONG run, banning guns would bring the death toll of gun violence down. But at first, it would just mean that only criminals have guns.

Regardless, bringing the murder rate down isn't the only important thing in the world. A cursory look at history shows how quickly things change on a geo-political level. One never knows when lawlessness will rule, or if the government will turn fascist on us. Sure, it seems like an impossibility now, but it's happened too often in history to ignore, and this exact possibility was a motivating factor in putting gun rights into the Constitution.

It's funny, the left likes every Bill of Rights ammendment EXCEPT that one, and the right likes that one but none of the others. I say we respect 'em all!

Oh, and RIP to Mr. Darrell and the other victims. Seems like they were respected guys and will be missed.

Capslock

I apologize, I should have been more specific. i support private gun ownership. I meant that this news made me CONSIDER this policy as acceptable. what i had in mind when i posted my reply was a certain really stupid hunting law in my state that, my veiw, violates my property rights. (plus i lost a pet to it). It says if tou SEE game on another's property but you SHOOT from your own or (one you ave perrmision to be on), you can legaly bag the said game. Since phesents are non-native i happened to have somw semi-domesticated tame phesents living on my property and.... you get the picture.

Ims sorry i should have been more specidic

HoWevER, i dont appreciate all 'yall jumping dwn my throat for it

I don't agree with that law. They may be legally able to shot the animal, but if they try to retrieve it they will be trasspassing.

You are right Travis.  That is a stupid law.  Ozzy brings up a good point:
If a guy stands on his property and shoots my pet deer which is on my property, that is legal...but if he tries to retrieve it...that is illegal without my permission.

But what about this senario; If I then shoot the guy from my property, because he legally shot my deer from his property...does that mean I can not legally cross over to his property to retrieve his body?
biggrin.gif

Lauderdale, that depends if anybody is looking at the time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Lauderdale, that depends if anybody is looking at the time.
Hehehe.

But I am sorry those guys got shot.

why would you want his body, or dare I ask?

To have it mounted, of course.

Back