What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of local scenery

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
Took some pics of the nice snow we got last week and of Mt. Princeton that I'd like to share with everyone
cool.gif

This is Mt. Princeton 5 days before the snow came. I took it from the parking lot at work.
Nov%2030%202004%20Mnt%20Princeton.jpg

This is Mt. Princeton the morning after.
Dec%205%202004%20Mnt%20Princeton.jpg

I thought the clouds shrouding the base of the mountain were a nice touch
smile.gif

And of course the obligatory pics of a mountain stream with the snow covered banks, deer tracks, and icy waters
rolleyes.gif

Dec%202%202004%20Cottonwood%20Creek%20pic%2001.jpg

Dec%202%202004%20Cottonwood%20Creek%20pic%202.jpg

Dec%202%202004%20Cottonwood%20Creek%20pic%203.jpg

Ignore the black pipe on the right side of the last picture. It's the line I was supposed to be checking when I was taking the pics.
smile_n_32.gif

Beautiful, Steve! In contrast, it is SO November looking in reading, PA!
smile_h_32.gif

I just got done plowing with the 4 wheeler, we had a pretty good snowfall last night, around 3-4 inches. Just didn't want that snowbank to freeze....would never get the vehicles out of the driveway!

lucky you! its not snowing here at all! Im hoping for it to look like winter soon, or I'll go crazy
smile_n_32.gif

3-4 inches? Up at my dad's cabin in Lake Tahow, we had a snowfall of something like 20 feet in 1995.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
It was funny, in the ski area near us, they had to dig out an area below the charlifts!
biggrin.gif
Right now we only have about 4-5 feet. Just to clear up any confusion, i live in san jose, but we have a cabin up in tahoe.

Nice picks BigCarnivourKid. Uh, what job do you have that you have to check that line? I hope for your sake your not a plumer, actually, they make pretty good money... the good ones at least.

Wow...those are beautiful! I'm jealous.
smile_h_32.gif
No snow so far for us. In fact until just this week, it has been more like early spring here. Days in the 60s and sometimes 70s. Unusual even for VA. But we are in a cold snap now...down to the low 20s at nite. Its the first time I've had to break out a coat. I think they are calling for a little snow maybe next week but it'll probably end up being flurries. Darn it.
smile_h_32.gif

I LOVE snow!

Lovely photos, BCK.
smile.gif
Those mountains are spectacular.

Beautiful pictures! Man, what clarity, what scenery!

Very, very nice.

The creek is only 3 blocks from my house. My job is not the most glamorous job there is but I get to get out and enjoy the views around town and out at the treatment plant. The pipe goes into a sewer manhole that I have to check frequently as it likes to plug up and the EPA (and locals) frown on wastewater being discharged into the creek.

Most of the snow is gone now (except on the mountain). Just icy patches on the sidewalks here and there and in the shaded places.

Back