What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cp resolutions for the new year

Well here are my cp resolutions:
1) To get and grow some interesting Drosera hybrids (D. capensis x. spathulata, etc)
2) To successfully germinate Nepenthes seed.
3) To get and grow the last three CITES plants (P. ionantha, N. rajah, N. khansiana)
The probibly unachevable:
4) Get and grow N. hamata
5) Get and grow a Heliamphora species

1) One of everything! Um... that was this year's.
smile_m_32.gif

2) Not to mention CP books!

3) Successful cultivation of Darlingtonia.

My resolution is to not grow tricky plants.  Since the only CPs I grow are pitchers, that means no ultralowland or ultrahighland Neps, no Heliamphoras, and no Darlingtonias.  Unless I find myself living somewhere else.  I intend to do the same with orchids and my goal is to finish 2005 with fewer, but easier plants than I start the year with.

To sort out the order of the sarracenia in the greenhouse. Some were swamped by other plants this year and were cut out from the light.

Oooooh, I havnt thought about this.
I will think about it and tell ya all.
smile_m_32.gif

To successfully grow a Heliamphora.
I'm 0 for 2. I think I've kept them too wet and buried the crown of the plant too deep.

To help get the NASC on solid ground
To get the MCPS to grow and have a plant show
To start on a solid greenhouse
To get more and more and more plants.
To share what plants I can.

1) Successfully propagate cp's from tissue culture (Kitchen kulture kit on my x-mas wishlist, lol)
2) Get a greenhouse

3) Help get the NASC up and running.

1) study wild carnivorous plants and their habitats
2) study the genes of carnivorous plants
3) not kill anything
confused.gif

my resolutions:

1: get through the winter unscathed, plant wise. they're in an unused bedroom with the windows open. so far so good. a little powdery mildew here and there, but nothing Physan can't handle.

2: kind of what Alvin said. I need to do some serious thinning. If I find the time I should have a lot of extra plants in a few months.

3: set up a nice outdoor growing area in the house we're moving into at the end of january - although i probably won't be able to do much until april or so.

4: get more plants that i don't have

5: do a bunch of crosses again

Get more nepenthes
Grow them really large
Keep that poor abused macrophylla (mom's fault) alive
uh, that's it for now.

1. Grow my N. ventrata bigger and get nice pitchers

2. succeed at growing the little D. capensis I got from Schloaty's seed

3. germinate and grow sarracenia

4. perhaps acquire some more plants.

5. keep updated on NASC progress.

•To care for my CPs to the best of my ability so that they might be in better condition than this year
•To complete a terrarium-like environment for adelaes consisting of a glass aquarium and a UV bulb (20 bucks for an 18-incher.. replace every 4 to 6 months.. blah blah blah, I know.. I used to keep Anoles), and in this tank I will put the adelaes, in their pots (I reckon that will be way easier and better for the plants than having a layer of soil in the actual tank to plant them in)
•To also keep highland Nepenthes in the adelae terrarium, since the environment needs are similar
•To expand my collection
•To rescue every tortured Lowe's/Home Depot/Target/WalMart CP that I can (actually, my whole collection depends on stores having CPs)
•To prevent my greenhouse from being tipped over by the wind FOR THE WHOLE YEAR (remember the birthday-greenhouse-go-ZOOM-fall-down-go-BOOM incident? Yeah, well, it's happened numerous times after that this year)
•To find a way to keep the @#$% squirrels from getting on the greenhouse and digging the plants up and knocking them over for no apparent constructive reason (I'll resort to dribbling blood from steak packages on the greenhouse if I have to!!)

1) Keep everyone alive.
2) Get them into a nicer enlosure.
3) Get some more indoor CPs.
4) Raise a few Darlingtonia and Drosera outside from seed.
5) Build a climate controller (I'm cheap.)
6) Get involved with CP conservation.
~Joe

1) im hoping the pollenation of my female veitchii takes and to sucessfully grow some plants from the seed

2) to double the size of my Utric and Genlisea grow list

3) to flower atleast half of the species on my current Utric and Gelisea grow list(im almost halfway there if everything thats currently sending up flower stalks actually blooms and doesnt abort)

Get my Nepenthes epphipiata to double in size
this year!!! Same with my N. lowii!!

Not my N. truncata it'd be bursting out of my tank!!!

Kirk
Fitchburg, Massachusetts

1) To improve on the existing hybrids of Sarracenia by crossing better parent plant together

2) To make the collection more diverse year on year

3) To optimise the space I have in the garden for further smaller greenhouses to set zones for cuttings, seedlings and peat free trials.

Back