What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ikonboard cgi error - moxilla firefox

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Ikonboard CGI Error Ikonboard has exited with the following error:

invalid lang cookie value

This error was reported at: Sources/Lib/FUNC.pm line 388.

Please note that your 'real' paths have been removed to protect your information.

What's this all about? If not for the MSIE browser, I wouldn't be able to access TerraForums.

I use firefox and I don't get that.
Sounds like you need to change your cookie settings

Me too. No problems with my Firefox. Hmmmmm.

I'd clear your cookies, make sure your virus software is up to date, and do a scan for spyware. See if that helps.

Capslock

The virus software needs updating, but I'm reasonably confident that I don't have any viruses. Lavasoft's Ad-Aware was done, along with the Sytem Tools were done. No change. It just happened during the course of the day. Of all the "Bookmarks" I have, it is the ONLY one with an error. I tried adding a new TF bookmark and when I clicked on it, I got the same error. I'll check at work and see if the pc I use has the same problem. What other cookie-related thing should I do? Hey, at least I still have MSIE as a backup browser.

Scott,
Also run Spybot-S&D for spyware. I have notice that each of the programs Spybot-S&D and Ad-Aware both find different spyware programs that the other misses.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
The cookie for the site might be corrupt, try deleting it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Dec. 13 2004,7:24)]Scott,
Also run Spybot-S&D for spyware. I have notice that each of the programs Spybot-S&D and Ad-Aware both find different spyware programs that the other misses.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
The cookie for the site might be corrupt, try deleting it.
But Captain... the dilithium crystals.... the pc... she's gonna blow! Talk about mixed metaphors...

3 months ago, at the suggestion of two forum members, I installed Spy Sweeper to go with Ad - Aware. After the usual restart, every time I navigated, the error message of, "you have performed an illegal operation" came up. Well I didn't raise my pc to be a criminal...

Basically, it crashed. So I called Gateway for the umpteenth time in 6 years and the technician said the pc had a virus. My computer guru / cp buddy at work volunteered to take a look at it while we were vacationing. All he did was put it in safe mode, delete a few non-essential startup programs - and then delete Spy Sweeper. Then it was fine. I asked what was the cause. He couldn't say for certain, but suggested either it was a RAM thing (I have Windows 98) or Ad - Aware thought Spy Sweeper was the enemy, causing it to crash. Another pc expert / friend agreed with the assessment that the one program thought the other was a threat - like putting two cats together.

Anyways, this morning I tried again and lo and behold - I got in. I had to re-login because it thought I was a guest, but now it works. Coincidently, my kid installed Windows 98, Second Edition last night. Don't know if THAT had anything to do with it, but hey, it works
smile.gif

Personally, I think it was browsing on bad cookies.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Dec. 14 2004,2:26)]Personally, I think it was browsing on bad cookies.
smile_m_32.gif
You gotta watch out for those bad cookies. They'll mess you up everytime. And the bad taste they leave in your mouth! Yechhhh!

smile_n_32.gif

Back