What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help

• Thread starter lol
  • Start date

lol

BANNED
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have been given a ticket for daytime loitering/truancy in the san diego school district, and am due to go to juvenille court tommorrow. The thing is, they were doing a truancy sweep at my trolley stop, asking everyone for their bus passes and I.D.'s, and they noticed I was under 18. Then they arrested me. But, I was on my way to school, although being about 2 hours late. They made me miss my bus, and they got me to school later than the bus would've. My dad gave me permission to take the bus to school. I dont think its fair that I haveto take the trolley and the bus for a total of a 45 minute commute just to get to school, and I haveto be afraid of being arrested by police on any day I'm late. It's rediculous. Does anyone know what I can do?

Fight the power!!!

That's positively fascist, if you ask me. Of course, you live in a city full of people more comfortable with that ideology. (no offense, SD is a beautiful city, just way to conservative for my tastes.) I say fight the ticket, explain you were on your way to school, and that you were not loitering. If theyr'e going to be writing tickets like this, it's up to you to fight it and make it as hard on them as possible. In the meantime, GO TO SCHOOL ON TIME!! Your education actually is important, believe it or not.

Casplock

Whew, i think i'd just explain what happened, and why it happened. Get them to give you a polygraph (lie detector) if they don't believe you. Give them appeal to pity on the fact that it takes you 45 minutes to get to school every day. Also, get dad (or mom) to vouch for you. Other than that, i have no more advice.

Sadly the answer to a lot of those pre-18 problems is "wait". In many cases you're barely considered a human being in our society and you may be forced to just take your licks and ride it out. Adulthood is close on the horizon... and then you can start wishing you only had the problems you had as a teenager.
smile_h_32.gif

Parenthesis, I was afraid you's say that
biggrin.gif
. Sometimes I feel like a prisoner, as if the dogs on theese streets have more freedom than I do. ... actualy, they do...

Go to the magistrate and explain, more then likely if you have not had this problem before he will issue a warning which does nothing other then cause you problems if it happens again. Beings you are a juvenile your records will be locked and wont cause you problems as an adult. At least that it what happens with the juveniles I pick up in michigan.

Well, they had let me off before when I got a trolley ticket about a year ago. Does that count as my one warning?

Were you required to see a magistrate or actually recieve a ticket that fined your parents or restricted you somehow? If one of those then yes they gave you a warning and are prob going to stick it to you a little more this time, if it was just verbal you are ok.

Back