What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tucson aerobatic shootout!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
This video is about 22mb big, so you dial up people are kinda out... I can't really trash the quality anymore or else you won't be able to see the plane. I tried removing the sound for you and that only drops a few MBs anyway... not worth it as the music goes with the flying...
Anywho, these are gas powered 4 stroke RC planes... they are longer wing tip to wing tip than I am tall and cost about 6 grand just for the plane (not built) so then you gotta get all the electronics and the motor and stuff... This show was supposed to be the final for the season and the best from the world were here to battle. I've only uploaded one of the many 4 min flights that I recorded for you guys to see... I have a hour and 2 mins of video available... hehe well, enjoy!!
For more info on this event see http://www.desertaircraft.com/shootout_2004/
Also the discovery chanel was out there taping this in high def. but I havn't heard when it's going to be aired yet....
click here to start 22mb download
Andrew

Wow I've seen several airshows myself but this is amazing. Didn't even know stuntplanes could turn that fast or act like a helicopter.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Must have been one dizzy pilot in the end.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Phyrex @ Dec. 17 2004,5:40)]Must have been one dizzy pilot in the end.
biggrin.gif
I'm not sure if you were kidding or not... But remember these are Remote Control planes... Although they are built to a very large scale and look absolutely real!
Andrew

SImply amazing footage! There's some real talent demonstrated in this clip! Cheers Andrew!

Back