What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master shake gets inked

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Hey folks, just so you don't think I never finish anything I've got Shake from ATHF painted up here:

shake4.jpg

shake5.jpg

I resculpted his straw entirely and I'm much happier with this new one (which I made the "beveled ends with even heat instead of epoxy)
My hands aren't too steady doing those black cartoon lines though!
smile_h_32.gif

I also finished a gut munching zombie (not too cartoony) but I haven't painted him yet, I'll post him soon.

Hope ya dig it!

Huzzah!
Excellent work. By 'Finished one!' do you mean that you'll be finishing more?
~Joe

hey, he's cool!
smile.gif

I had no idea what "ATHF" was, but through the magic of google, I found out in seconds!
found a bunch of "master shake" photos too, and your sclupture looks EXACTLY like him!

ATHF means Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It's a really funny show. I watch it whenever possible. Do you remember the episode when Meatwad has this video game where you can talk to the afterlife, and Shake kills himself to prove to Meatwad that the game is fake?

"There's a plugged in toaster in your pool?" "Yep." "And are those pirannhas?" "Yeah, but they're a little drowsy from all the SLEEPING PILLS HE TOOK!"

That was a funny episode.

That rocks!!!

I remember that episode.. *high-fives*

Thanks folks!

I saw the ATHF show as I was zipping through the channels and never stopped to watch it, I thought "Talking food? I ain't watchin' that how stupid could that be"! Then one night I was working on something and I just heard the dialogue from the show, it was insane - I loved it! When I looked up here's the talking food show that I insisted for years couldn't possibly be any good! I bought that 1st DVD set the next day!
smile_n_32.gif

I may get around to the other charachters and some of the villains as a way to break up more serious projects.

Fat dude next door! Fat dude next door!

Good job:) Make that spider guy Lol.

My pal Ralph who gets to sculpt the official ATHF figs is indeed doing MC Pee Pants - the giant spider wearing a diaper! He says it'll be huge! I wish I could post the new images he sent tonight of the colored urethane casts of shake and dancing meatwad and the wax version of Frylock but he'd probly be PO'd.

The first official figs from the show will be out in Febuary. It'll be a two pack featuring 3-4" poseable figs of a closed mouth shake and Mothmonsterman from the Bus of the Undead episode.

Hold On....THE official figs? Are you kidding? Holy crap. It is a small world.
smile_l_32.gif

There will be some images of the shake and mothmonsterman protypes on Palisades Toys click on Daily bit news "adult swim" in the next day or two. You can also see painted shake and mothmonsterman toys in the December issue of "Previews" the Comic Book Catalog. Get it for $5 at any comic store/newsstand it's like the monthly phone book of comics and toys with some 500 oversized full color pages every month.

Back