What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate winter.............

ive was born and raised here in Montana. i am used to cold. 20 below doesnt normally bother me if there is no wind. HOWEVER this year has been unusually humid. its 3 degrees F out with a light wind no big deal except for the fact there is darn near 90% humidity!!!!!!! that makes it feel dang cold!!!!!! you guys over by the great lakes i now understand why i hear complaints about 0 degree weather. i used to think yah were just wusses
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_l_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
hope the humidity drops soon so im comfortable again......................................................

yeah this winter has been REALLY cold... even the pots in my garage are frozen solid!

Very warm here in the plain states, freezing wasnt usual untill about a week and a half ago. very warm winter here. and dry, just like i said it was gonna be.

was -13 a few days ago here....brrrrr this warm spell of 30 above is like summer here!
smile_n_32.gif

When I went to school in Plattsburgh, we had 21 consecutive days without the temp reaching the freezing point. That's just a short didtance east of where nepenthes gracilis hails from.

Over 100F here today. It's now just past midnight and the temp is still sitting around 85. Beautiful. The wind feels like someone is blowing a hairdryer in your face.

I like the winter of Hong Kong,temp is now around 19-21c, comfortable!!!
smile_m_32.gif

rex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 22 2004,6:24)]i used to think yah were just wusses  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

smile_l_32.gif

smile_m_32.gif
hope the humidity drops soon so im comfortable again......................................................
Thanks God I am not a wuss...I always figured to take like a man!  
smile_n_32.gif
Especially ice fishing. <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://home.petflytrap.com/users/maskedninja/WHYICEFISHINGSUCKS.mpeg[/QUOTE] Copy and paste to address...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Seandew @ Dec. 23 2004,8:38)]Over 100F here today. It's now just past midnight and the temp is still sitting around 85. Beautiful. The wind feels like someone is blowing a hairdryer in your face.
Yiiicccchhhh!!!!!!!!! once it gets over 70 I get uncomfortable!. i'll take cold and layers of clothing to hot and/or humid and sticky and miserable any day of the week.

Hey Sean, the Bills are close to making the playoffs! Woooo Hoooo!
smile.gif

Travis, that was great! LMAO!

i saw that when it was first posted, great stuff. -20 out right now, forgot to plug the truck in last night but it started right up. as long as the humidity is low i can take heat. we usually get a couple weeks of 100 degree temps every summer. thank god the humidity is usually nonexistant.

Hot wether i cant stand. i prefer -20 to anything over 90 degrees... nice... pfft

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Dec. 23 2004,5:43)]Yiiicccchhhh!!!!!!!!! once it gets over 70 I get uncomfortable!. i'll take cold and layers of clothing to hot and/or humid and sticky and miserable any day of the week.

Hey Sean, the Bills are close to making the playoffs! Woooo Hoooo!  
smile.gif
Over 70?? You're kidding me Jim. 70 is just mild. Hot is good! The first couple of hot days of Summer are a bit of a struggle but after that it is great. Very rarely gets humid where I am as the hot northerly winds come from inland off the deserts. The sweat is gone before it gets a chance to form.

Never been in temps below 0 deg C and would hate to even contemplate that! Never seen snow except on the tops of our highest mountains.

2 more wins and the Bills are in. Not sure how they'll go against the Steelers though. A great effort after falling to 0-4 at the beginning of the season. Fantastic to see Miami floundering too. Can't believe they beat the Patriots.

Back