What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water

My parents got pissed off that we have to buy distilled water so much... and wanted to kno if you could just leave water out for a while and let the chlorine knock itself out. Possible for long time use?

Its not chlorine you are worried about but rather the hardness of the water.

Maybe you can collect rainwater or melt some snow to suppliment?

when you evaporate water, you lose water and leave minerals.

so the kind of evap that you need will have to be in the "survival setup"
the pyramid form that water when evaporated hits a roof of foil or whatever, and then drips down into a collection bin.

well the desert survival technique is large and stuff....although I've always wanted to try that.
never rains here X- (
so I guess we'lll jus have to buy like we've been doin for the last year anywayz...

I would check with Wicked Thistle about water. She mentioned something about the rainwater in your area being unfit for cp's.

ONe simple expensive solution, buy an RO unit. Perhaps your parents would be happierif they only had to pay $300 all at once and $50 every four years for services to the unit?
smile.gif

Back