What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
monkeys no, proto-humans, yes
biggrin.gif

Who made the monkeys?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZAK @ Dec. 30 2004,9:58)]Who made the monkeys?
Um, they were once little creatures, and they evolved into monkeys, then monkeys evolved into humans.

the ansector of primates was probably a nocturnal creature, similar to bushbabies or possums, that fed on fruit, nuts and insects, with forward pointing binocular vision to see threats, and a bigger brain compared to most mammals. Of course, it had grasping hands and feet to help it scamper up a tree about, oh, 55 Million years ago. Befoe that its annsectors were plecental mammals probably atonomicly similar in function, altough not closely related, to rodents, the main form of mammal the predominated during the age of dinosaurs. before that, mammals came from the subclass of i-forget-wich mammal-like reptiles with hair and mammal-like qualities from i-forget-when

besides details, i think iv mostly left the arguing in this thread up to alpha

lol finch :p
BUT you didn't tell me what those trees with the big thorns that have little ants inside are called!
They live in the savanna... WAIT!!! acacia trees? is that what they're called? yay!
... anyway ... lol
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Bog!!(God!!)
I say "bog" should mean heaven. That's where CP's are found!
(lol.... aldough all those mosquitoes ARE a drawback...)
I went to a catholic school from grades 1 to 5. I never did get it. I believed it... at first... but then I didn't get it.

SunDoode182, you never did tell us a single "fact" we are ignoring...
confused.gif

was AE right?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Dec. 29 2004,10:50)]religion = evil

examples;

crusades
middle east
terorrist.....
not to mention the salem witch trials and the spanish inquisition

and the missionaries!
Not to mention the destroying of habitat, etc...
which derives from the fact that people selfishly thing everything was put here for humans by god and we are superior to everything except angels and god and stuff and we have the right to destroy everything, treat animals like slaves, etc..
speaking of slaves... some people used religion as an excuse too.
oh yeah (the list just keeps on growin' doesn't it?)
and now with stem cell research and gay marriages and stuff.
how things are right now, if someone gets sick and they're hospitalized, their gay partner can't even go because they're not "family" even though they may have been together for years and they love each other.

and dont forget the evangelists on t.v. that ask u to send them money for one thing and then spend it on another thing entirely

you obviously cant have policies that makes midweserners feel ICKY inside

you all seem to enjoy trashing the church with out realising with out it your oh so precious theory of evolution would not have ever come to be.

The church preserved the knowledge of the anicients during the middle ages, and it also was the cause of the Rennaissance, which first gave people the idea of questioning the church, this line of thinking led to the enlightenment, which is where you first see the thinkers that began to try ot explain the world around them with non-religous explainations. This is where your theory of evolution comes from.

Also darwin was educated by the church, and if he had not been educated he likely would not have been able to document and support his ideas that helped to lead to the acceptance of the theory of evoultion. and as a side note i would like to clear up darwin did not come up with teh theory of evolution, he merely found a tool that allowed evolution to occur.

And for all of you who like to point out the miss use of religion(cursades, inquistion, missionaries) the theory of evoution and darwinism has also been miss used. It has often been used to justify allowing people to live in poverty and giving them no assitance, which being they are human beings is just wrong, at least the church calls for the people who believe in it to help those who are in a bad position, never heard evolutionist calling to help the people who are in a bad situtation.

Oh and to those who say that people who do not understand evolution are ignorant, konw this i have spent the last 3 years studying evolution as it relates to humans, and i still dont believe it because there are way too many problems with evolution, espceally since the theory is moving to punctuated evolution, which would mean that the way things are going species should have likely started changing rapidly to adapt to the alterations humans have made to the enviroment. And to those of you who keep calling religion evil, i say you are the ignorant, evil people, since you do not respect peoples rights and can only site a few instances where religion has been misused to base your accusation on

well... you know what they say... it's the thought that counts. The church was only supporting that to prove christianity.. which isn't very scientific as someone explained before.
Nobody said anything about any church anyway. What we said includes many religions (Ie. the middle east... it's mostly muslims vs. jews). don't be so paranoic.
and yes... Darwin even wanted to be a minister or something, but then found that science is better.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and i still dont believe it because there are way too many problems with evolution, espceally since the theory is moving to punctuated evolution, which would mean that the way things are going species should have likely started changing rapidly to adapt to the alterations humans have made to the enviroment.
ok... give us problems.
so I guess organisms should evolve to be able to eat plastic?
and species are evolving because of humans.
Viruses (which are technically not alive) evolve very fast- SARS being an example.
Bacteria are becoming resistant to even the strongest antibiotics, dogs, cats, fish, PLANTS, have all been domesticated (well... changed into something not found in the wild anyway), pests like insects are becoming resistant to pesticides, etc...

you are absolutly correct, ktulu, the curch suported science and tecnology fot a far longer period if time than it hass seemingly opposed select scientific findings. they reasoned the god was truth, and how could finding out more about the truth be bad? and the church-related educational institotions were the only institutions for a very long time.
i certainly havent forgotten

Code:
 since the theory is moving to punctuated evolution, which would mean that the way things are going species should have likely started changing rapidly to adapt to the alterations humans have made to the enviroment[QUOTE] the most dramatic changes have begun around the industrial revoloution, far too soon for any noticable change. and were changing so fast that species previously adapted to our ways cant keep up. highways, strip malls, cars, and also the intensificATION OF AGRIGULTURE

Hose sparrows, they could keep up untill the car (they fed on spilled oats for horses) and the intensifiation of agritculure 

less waste, less spillage, less watse of space = less food

lawns= not enough seedheads

econimization more efficency means less food for things that have adapted to us thus far. look at the crashes of house sparrows and starlings ineurope, at the dates when the car was introduced and now with the spreading of intensified agriculture

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]nd were changing so fast that species previously adapted to our ways cant keep up.
exactly. That's why you only notice anything with faster-breeding organisms.

I myself am not a nonreligous person....i do not take it to the extremes you people do but i still have my beliefs. And I am not trashing religion in general...just certain aspects of it and certain problems with it and as for the term "trashing" i dont like to think of it that way, i think of it more along the lines of "making my opinion known". Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions...
~bon

anyway, adapt to what? CONCRETE? thres no food or shelter there, and you have to avoid being run over.

Sparros scavenge for dropped crumbs and now theres a turminte thats adapted to tunnle into concrete (tunnle, but not eat)

thats about it, not many places for plants to take hold exept in cracts where they are not pounded by cars

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And I am not trashing religion in general...just certain aspects of it and certain problems with it
Yep. Not all religion is bad. after all, you can't go bad with certain religions and go kill people and destroy everything in sight.

some religions impose a certain moral code on its followers, a certain big brother who knows whenever you'v done something wrong and discourages violence.

of course some oare opposite jihad or holy war can be waged agains anyone who goes against the will of Alah. since no one can really know what allas supposed will is, people ASSUME, often along the lines of their point of veiw, wich causes a whole mess of problems

racoons, red foxes, rats, cockroaches, pigeons, ravens, etc are all adapting VERY well to humans. They're even becoming pests!... and we can't adapt as fast as them! we try to kill 'em all but they just keep on leaving us to eat their dust! chickens are also very succesful. there are more chickens in the earth than there are humans.
behaviorally speaking, ravens do things like wait on an intersection where they drop a nut and wait for a car to pass by and crush the nut. They even wait until there's a red light so they don't get squished!
squirrels (heh... remember them?) manage to steal almost anything they want :p, bears do the same to a certain extent,
Ravens/crows in canada or other places also go to fishing holes in the ice and pull up the fish if nobody's watching
smile.gif

starlings and other birds also nest on buildings and they roost there at night because it's warmer than in the woods.
I also remember reading something about some birds in britain that pierce the aluminum foil thing on cream jars to get to the cream

and many other organisms (follicle mites, certain bacteria in your gut, certain lice, [killer bees-created by man-] etc) could only survive BECAUSE of humans. they can only live in humans' bodies... and only in certain parts. (ie... the groin or something louse can only live in the groin and not on your head or anywhere else)  
now.... either they are a punishment from god or they evolved into other species (they are different species) so they could live in/on humans.]
(want me to go on? or was I able to get my point across
smile_n_32.gif
lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back