What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it wasn't until people started to apply it to mankind and formed social darwinism that he rejected it. Until then it was all fine and dandy....and im not so sure he rejected the idea of evolution itself just how people interpreted it...but that's just my opinion.
~bon

Funny though. I can't find a single source that says he discounted his own theory.
What's more... he denounced christianity and became an agnostic before he died.

... and he also spent 5 years classifying barnicles
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Every time you get goosebumps you are using vestigial structures that a logical "creator" wouldn't have put there.
Gods judgment is far superior to ours as he is all knowing so something that seems illogical to us may very wel be logical!

PondBoy... There are many species of nepenthes, etc.. so If you believe there was only one and then they branched out into everything then you believe in macro-evolution as well as micro-evolution.
Macro-evolution is when one species evolves to become another. (Ie. red wolves and gray wolves are different species... decendant of a single species)
Micro-evolution is when one species branches out and becomes subspecies (Ie. dogs are a subspecies of graywolves

Well I don`t believe that a monkey could turn into a man as a man has a SPIRITUAL SOUL while a monkey has a non-spiritual soul and a soul could not evolve.

because...?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What, then, can we say about Darwin? Let us be clear: He never publicly recanted from his theory of evolution or professed a new Christian faith.
http://www.carm.org/evo_questions/deathbed.htm
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well I don`t believe that a monkey could turn into a man as a man has a SPIRITUAL SOUL while a monkey has a non-spiritual soul and a soul could not evolve.
so then what do you believe in?
first of all, I personally believe that if I have a soul, then my pets have a soul and other animals have souls.
secondly, You could think that once "monkeys" (you mean apes... apes and monkeys are NOT the same thing) evolved into humans, and then god gave them a soul.
(aldough personally I think that's sort of selfish... no offense)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Dec. 29 2004,7:37)]Funny though. Darwin discounted his own theory before he died, and cared more about CP than anything else in the world. I am with Darwin on all counts.
Thats a myth,it was formed by well meaning "Christians" who thought lieing was ok wich it isn`t.

He was a very non-one sided scientist however,in fact if you read his book "The Origin Of Species" he has near as much info contradicting evolution as suporting it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He was a very non-one sided scientist however,in fact if you read his book "The Origin Of Species" he has near as much info contradicting evolution as suporting it!
as I understand it (I've never read the book) He searched arguments FOR and AGAINST evolution (like a good scientist)
can you give me examples?

Yes Alpha you have a soul a SPIRITUAL soul. While you`re pets have another type of soul(can`t think of what it`s called ATM)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Dec. 29 2004,8:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He was a very non-one sided scientist however,in fact if you read his book "The Origin Of Species" he has near as much info contradicting evolution as suporting it!
as I understand it (I've never read the book) He searched arguments FOR and AGAINST evolution (like a good scientist)
can you give me examples?
No I can`t as I haven`t read the book.

well... whatever kind of soul I have I believe my pets have.
happy?

P.S. WOOOOOOOOHOO, i got a new addition to my flock today! a Canary!

American Singer 'kitchen' type! This song is for all of you out there.

tweeet chip chirp cherup trill trill chirp

Ok,well thats your opinion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No I can`t as I haven`t read the book.
.... ok... then why do you say that?
you know that may have been
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]formed by well meaning "Christians" who thought lieing was ok

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Dec. 29 2004,8:30)]P.S. WOOOOOOOOHOO, i got a new addition to my flock today! a Canary!

American Singer 'kitchen' type! This song is for all of you out there.

tweeet chip chirp cherup trill trill chirp
Cool Finch:)

How much did he\she set you back?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Dec. 29 2004,8:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No I can`t as I haven`t read the book.
.... ok... then why do you say that?
you know that may have been
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]formed by well meaning "Christians" who thought lieing was ok
Well I got that info from the same source as I got the info saying about the myth of Darwins recantance.

99 buckeroos for a redgestered singer

I know eveolution is what I beleive and I have no problem with people that beleive otherwise... They seem to be ill educated on the matter

what I do I have problem with is people that are creationist trying to "convert" me to thier ignorant ways.... that really pisses me off I respect the fact that you don't beleive in what I do so can't you respect me? SEESH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back