What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Dec. 28 2004,9:08)]Alpha, when the hell did I say He didn't create Adam and Eve in His image? I didn't discount that. But that still doesn't disprove that He didn't also make evolution occur.
So god made evolution occur? Then why did he write this book called the bible that totally contradicts it?

Give me a direct quote from the Bible that directly says that evolution did not occur. Right here. Right now.

Alpha, what did I just say? I said there ARE metaphors in the Bible. I'm not saying there's a lie anywhere in the Bible, I'm saying that God intentionally put metaphors in there to haze over things about the creation of the universe that we aren't meant to understand. Adam and Eve represent the first of our human kind. The first sin represents our sinful nature. The Creation-in-7-days is a bit vague on my part, but I believe it's a watered-down metaphor for how the Creation occurred. Adam's naming of the species represents humans' curiosity and studying of the world around him. You seeing a pattern here?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Give me a direct quote from the Bible that directly says that evolution did not occur. Right here. Right now.
Isn't the bible about interpreting? We are human beings, not dogs, we don't need direct comands or statements. One example from the bible that contradicts evolution is the fact that it states in genesis 1:24-25 that domestic animals were created... just the fact that domestic animals where "created" goes against evolution. Also the fact that be bible says god created man, it doesn't say he created an ape that later turned into one. Also.. quit being so defensive.. we don't want the thread locked.

there's no direct quote because people back then hadn't thought up evolution. (maybe if there WAS a direct quote about anything.. NOT being a metaphor... that would happen after the bible was created I'd begin to believe the bible)
I'm sure you'll understand how I think that if anything contradicts the bible it suddenly becomes a metaphor right? (no offense or anything...)

I mean... you can find "metaphors" everywhere if you're looking for them.

AE, I'm not being defensive. This is just me.

And evolution doesn't count as creation? Wolves are created, therefore dogs are created. Big cats are created, therefore house cats are created. I don't think you're grasping what I'm saying: wild animals evolved and changed until domestic animals were developed. They're the same genus. So yes, God DID create domestic animals. No new thing has been created since God created the universe and all it's organisms. Everything WAS created at once. It's just that those original beings evolved into what they presently are. No species changed into another.. they just changed. I never said apes turned into humans. Humans have always been humans. Humans have evolved since the creation, that's all. How do you KNOW we still look like God? When he created us in His image, he may have created us to look totally different than we do today. We were made originally in His image. We may have changed since then, we don't know. We were originally meant to be vegetarians, but after our sin God allowed us to eat meat. If that change from the original blueprint can happen, then why can't any other kind of change from the original blueprint happen? If we've changed as much as we have wince the 1700s, imagine how different we might have looked when we were created. There's nothing in the Bible that says we looked the same then as we do now. It only says we were created "in His image". Yes, we were. That's not saying we still look like Him.

Alpha, in a way, every single thing we know now was "thought up" through study. Why other animals behave the way they do was "thought up". The fact that dinosaurs existed was "thought up". The fact that electrified filiments in an air-tight vaccuum of empty space would light up as a light bulb was "thought up".

I don't have anything to say that is important, meaningful, or anything that would contribute to this topic, but Wow! This is a long topic! lol
(jk):;):

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No species changed into another.. they just changed. I never said apes turned into humans. Humans have always been humans. Humans have evolved since the creation, that's all.
then you don't believe in evolution. Evolution is about species turning into other species. You're a creationist.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Dec. 28 2004,9:46)]Everything WAS created at once. It's just that those original beings evolved into what they presently are. No species changed into another.. they just changed. I never said apes turned into humans. Humans have always been humans. Humans have evolved since the creation, that's all.
Thats not what evolution states...

and before you talk about micro-evolution and macro-evolution...
You can't have one without the other (unless you're a young earth creationist). Macro-evolution is just micro-evolution over a long period of time.

why is it that I always get mixed up in the really heated threads? lol. ok guys let me add a little something for people to argue about:

FTG, in saying that EVERYTHING was"thought up" u then say that the bible itself was "thought up", which in itself is true(im waiting for someone to say something about that being a fact lol) because god did not write the bible himself, nor did his sone for that matter, but instead men(who, and this was even said in this thread, make mistakes...but that can't be proven because it was "thought up") who a long time after gods supposed creation of adam and eve wrote down all of the things that god supposedly did. nobody KNOWS, regardless of whether or not you believe it because those are completely different terms, exactly what happened. For all you know these men could have completely made this all up. i have no doubt that jesus was in fact a realy person, my doubt lies in the things that he and his supposed(wow i love that word) father supposedly did. how can any one believe that these are the things that truly happened when they werent written by those that were most involved in the whole thing(notice i said MOST) and when it is a known fact(although it can't be proven because it is "thought up") that the bible's contents have been changed time and time again to suit those who preach it to others. and (though this is off subject lol) i dont understand how when one of god's "experiments" went wrong he caused a flood to wipe them all away even though he loves everyone people love him so much when, if it were me, I would be a little worried he might be unhappy with how we turned out and wipe us out too.

sorry if you cant make the connection between my post and the others or even understand it, but im tired and wasnt even going to post if it werent for a certain freind(not to mention any names, you know who you are)

~bon

I am a Christian.
I believe in God,
and Jesus Christ.

I also belive 100% with no question whatsoever that evolution is absolute truth.
no doubts at all.
Creationism is flat-out wrong.

how can that be you ask?
How can I be a card-carrying Christian and not believe in creationism?
easy..
the Bible is not a factual scientific textbook.
much of it was written by humans who didnt know everything.
much of it is allagory.
the Noah's ark flood story is also pure fiction..it never happened.
The earth is billions of years old, not thousands.

God created life, and evolution is His method for letting life operate..
God, Christianity and evolution can peacefully coexist..
many christians are open minded enough to accept this with no theological problems or issues attached.
actually, it makes the most sense.

If God created the Earth, why would he lie to us in the Bible and say things that the Earth flat-out disproves?
which is more likely to be the truth, Gods own creation (the entire planet and the entire fossil record it contains) or one book??
I choose to believe what God has clearly laid out for us in the Earth..
no Human could fake the Earth. only God could make the Earth and everything it contains.
Humans could have written parts of the Bible however..
its all very clear.

(standard disclaimer..the above is my opinion. ;)

Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fyrespryte @ Dec. 28 2004,10:17)](not to mention any names, you know who you are)
scared to post my name huh bonnie?

haha you wish AE or should i say john there ya go...both of them in one post

lol AE...
that's great scotty
smile.gif

Just so I'm clear (not saying anyone said I said it or anything) I didn't say religion and evolution can't coexist. It's creationism and evolution who can't.

Scot, you dont have to preach to me.....if you feel the need to verify your actions or beliefs then you arent fully secure with them or yourself(no offense meant)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Scot, you dont have to preach to me.....if you feel the need to verify your actions or beliefs then you arent fully secure with them or yourself(no offense meant)
he's not preaching... that's the whole point of the forums.

Scott didn't do anything, don't be hard on him
smile_m_32.gif

I do think its possible there waz a worldwide flood, but not how it waz told in the Bible... Jus think, the world used to have one relatively flat continent. Wat if all the polar icecaps melted, all the underwater volcanoes erupted (including those mega volcanoes), and there was a giant earthquake that made a giant tsunami? But, the only thing that contradicts that is how would all the animalz survive and stuff...

-Da Doode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back