What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Jan. 14 2005,12:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]are you speaking of the differnces between homo sapien and homo sapien sapien.  and yes there are a few differences.  This is a whole new can of worms and is being hotly debated in the field of anthropology as to wether they are truely differnt or if they just represent the wide range of variability that humans exibit.
Yes. I am glad I am not the only one who read this.  What is the other subspecies (Is that right?)? I had heard of homo sapien sapien but also homo sapien superba (Which cannot be right).  What are the differences again?
I have never heard of homo sapien superba, so i have no idea what that is. i believe the two subspieces you are talking about are homo sapiens and homo sapien sapiens. The differences are minor and most are contained in the skull, like a sligtly more sloping forhead slightly more projected face. If you want a good example of homo sapien then look at the Australian Aborigenees and compare their facial fetures to other groups of homo sapien sapien like Europeans, Native Americans, Asians, or Africans.

Yeah, I thought it might be fake. Thanks for the info.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]we don't have many intermediate species of plants because they are just VERY hard to fossilize. Asking for intermediate plants is a bad argument against evolution.

but if u want one, fine. Seed Ferns (extinct) spawend gymnosperms

Well since we are on the cp forum. Heliamphora are basic where as Sarracenia is more advanced. One could make the argument that Sarracenia evolved from Heliamphora like plants

Ah, good old politics and religion. Such fun arguments. At this point all I can do is sit back and watch. This topic is spinning like a top, passing the same point over and over and over. You all have heard the saying "you'll find no atheists in a fox hole". A good percentage of you, who have such a hard time with those things you can't feel or touch or quantify, will come to a point in your life that will require blind faith. Good luck to you.

if that time comes, it'll come. How the heck will we know which religion to choose? I have no clue, but right now nothing has happened to make me believe (and many things have happened to make me disbelieve...)
what point of your life has required "blind faith"?
according to some people if I were to die right now I would go roast in hell for all ETERNITY.
I guess I'll just see you FROM hell
smile_s_32.gif

I've asked the creationists quite a few pretty important questions in here and so far most of them haven't been touched. If they were maybe there'd be a little less spinning going on. Is this a discussion or what?

let's face it... creationists have no argument against evolution or for creationism besides the bible.
andl... dozens of pages later, I STILL don't know what "facts" we are "ignoring"...

And I don't understand how people could want more proof to believe. Speciation has been observed! that IS evolution!!!
what do you creationists say about speciation being observed? and this time do answer!

Top-down thinking is a powerfully seductive thing.

I'd still like to hear about the extinction rate issue if nothing else.

Might be time to lock this topic. It appears to be going nowhere.

Well it could go somewhere if we could get some responses to questions here. If I actually thought someone would respond I might even go back and track down which pages mine were on. My extinction questions are only a few pages back.

I haven't been repying much of late as I don't have the time. If anyone would like to contact me through AIM, pms or emails, I'd be quite happy to continue discussing things.

Peter

You guys know what we need? We need a true PhD. in evolutionary biology and some PhD. in biblical studies to finish off this thread. My head is starting to hurt reading all these threads from people (myself included!) with only partial understandings of evolution and partial knowledge of the Bible and its interperetations.

I have not read much of this(I startred on the first pages a while back, but geesh!), but I am surprised it has got to 82 pages w/o having to be closed because of hot heads somewhere on this topic. You all should be very proud of yourselves.
Er, does anyone have the Cliff Notes on this thread?

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Jan. 13 2005,9:52)]I've asked the creationists quite a few pretty important questions in here and so far most of them haven't been touched. If they were maybe there'd be a little less spinning going on. Is this a discussion or what?
exactly
if the creationists have lots of evidence backing up god, then why arnt the questions being anwsered?
I demand that creationists anwser your questions immediatly.
I am fed up with important questions being ignored by creationists in this thread.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Jan. 13 2005,9:55)]let's face it... creationists have no argument against evolution or for creationism besides the bible.
andl... dozens of pages later, I STILL don't know what "facts" we are "ignoring"...
and that too, what facts are we ignoring creationists, hmmmm?
I want this matter cleared up too right now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 13 2005,6:24)]Jim:
Have you seen The Last Supper lately? do a google and look at the "man" on jesus' right.
John, I counted 13 people in the picture, all guys. None of them looked Middle Eastern, either! You'll have to send me a link to this mysterious gal.

Man, I thought you were going to go into the spurious gnostic book called The Gospel of Mary Magdalene and how she was purported to have been Jesus' wife, etc.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 14 2005,9:27)]You guys know what we need? We need a true PhD. in evolutionary biology and some PhD. in biblical studies to finish off this thread. My head is starting to hurt reading all these threads from people (myself included!) with only partial understandings of evolution and partial knowledge of the Bible and its interperetations.
I'll get someone from the museum to get on my name and post some replies. True phd.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]if the creationists have lots of evidence backing up god, then why arnt the questions being anwsered?
I demand that creationists anwser your questions immediatly.
I am fed up with important questions being ignored by creationists in this thread.

As I said, I would be answering all these questions, but I don't have time. I'd be happy to discuss this by AIM, email, pms or whatever else it takes, but I don't have time to be debating several people at once.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back