What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallery show a sucess!

I had my senior exhibition in the art gallery on campus and it went great!  It is such a relief to have it done.  There were over 100 people that showed up on opening night, and several more throughout the month of december.  The show consisted mainly of photography, but there were several digital paintings/illustrations and some graphic design work as well.

Everything was professionally matted and framed, and I hung all the artwork as well as lit the gallery.

Among the art displayed I showed three pictures of carnivorous plants.  I received so many comments on them!  People had no idea what they were but were fascinated by them.  I may have had them on here already but I'll share them again
biggrin.gif

Capensis%20narrow%20closeup3b.jpg

D.-Aliciae-leaf.jpg

capensis%20leaf%202b.jpg

Thanks for looking!
smile.gif

- Joel

nice pictures ;) What kind of camera did you use?

Very nice, Joel! How's the job hung going?

Thanks guys. Michelle, I'm using a digital Canon Powershot A80. It's 4.0 megapixels.

Jim, I've sent my resume out to several places in town. I haven't heard back from anyone yet. I'm on Christmas vacation right now, and if I don't hear back from anyone when I get back I'm going to contact them and hopefully get an interview or two. Kind of tough to catch people when they are hiring! If nothing else there is an opening at a place in town that I think I could get. The only thing is that I don't really like that place all that much. But I suppose it would be better that nothing. The place where I interned at said they would be hiring but probably not until February or March. I'm sure something will turn up. Any new news with you?

Congrats on the exibit! Nice shots, too.

Yup, anything is better than nothing... but if there's an opportunity where you interned... Would they definitely hire you? Stay tuned for a few new topics...
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 07 2005,4:55)]Yup, anything is better than nothing... but if there's an opportunity where you interned... Would they definitely hire you? Stay tuned for a few new topics...  
smile.gif
They didn't say definitely, but they said that I have a really good chance since I know everyone there and know how things work around there. I basically am already trained in for the job.

The place where I just submitted my resume to and would really like to work has offices all over the state, and does national tv commercials, web design, and design for print. I would really like to work there and contribute to their web department. They have just moved into a larger office.....so that means there is room for more people!
biggrin.gif

That's SO much better than that lovely stagflation / energy crisis garbage I graduated into! Keep us posted.

Back