What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're a southerner if....

Oh, believe me, and come down here the day after our next Cat. 4 or 5 tornado if you don't, there were places here where everything was flattened for miles as well. Thing is, we experienced statewide crisis. You didn't.

I can't count how many times tornado touchdowns are reported during every summer storm here.

see there you go again, trying to trivialize MY experiences saying what YOU have beentrough is more intense and more emotional then what IV been trough. I dunno, and it may be so, but your mocking tone says 'ooh poor u, thats not anything' throught the entietty of this argument, but saying that what IV beentrough was nothing....

and you wonder why im provoked

while im not wholy innocent for those either, your not helping

You know you're a southern if you fly your confederate flag in your front yard no matter how far north you are.

That's better than getting into an argument over whose weather sucks the most.

My "mocking tone" is only payback to you for doing the same thing. If you would've taken this whole thing more maturely, so would I.

And I never said what you went through was "nothing". I just meant that you were being a <censored> for treating what FLORIDA went through as "nothing" when you weren't even there. What we went through was just as bad, except ALL OVER THE STATE and all smashed into 4 months. I will not tolerate ANYBODY who has not gone through it looking down on it like it was "nothing". It happened to ME and the rest of the Floridians, so I think I know what it was like. You went WAY too close to home.

And you wonder why I'm provoked.

i think what you went trough was a terrable expereince that no one should live through. what happened to the state this year was tragic indeed, and i certainly did not mean to transmit to you that i tought it was nothing

OK, now can somebody say something about grits?

Grits are best with eggs, bacon and cheese.

Alright, but I never liked grits..

•You would take grits over all other breakfast items any day

As a vegetarian, I leave out the bacon. But when I was a boy scout in Mississippi, I'd take packs of instant bacon flavored grits on camping trips for a quick & hot snack. I could probably still eat them because I doubt there's any real bacon in them.

whats a girt?

No one has ever seen a grit. They're communal organisms and, if one were to stray from the herd, the rest would follow. Hence grits.

shuure

icon6.gif

As for the argument, flytrapgirl your right, i was wrong and rude. i sincerly apologize i dont know what came over me. im sorry

Alright, it's okay.. no hard feelings.

herenorthere, LMAO!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 07 2005,10:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZAK @ Jan. 07 2005,11:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 06 2005,9:14)]You know you're a southerner when you criticize the lack of family values in the north, even though the divorce rate in your state is twice that of Massachusetts.
Thas because every state in the south is 3 to 8 times larger than Mass.
The last time i checked a rate was an average or percentage.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZAK @ Jan. 07 2005,5:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 06 2005,9:14)]You know you're a southerner when you criticize the lack of family values in the north, even though the divorce rate in your state is twice that of Massachusetts.
Thas because every state in the south is 3 to 8 times larger than Mass.
PWNED!!
Sure it was me? Interesting... my reply isn't in there.
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Jan. 08 2005,9:51)]Down here you can always NOT wear gloves, a hat, or extra layers of clothes. We know exactly how to stay cool in the heat. And we also have no difficulty wearing jeans and leather boots in the summer. Leather BREATHES!

*mumbles under breath* Shows how you'd fare down here with the sudden need for skill.. *evil snicker*
LOL! Although I've been in every Southern State (except for the Carolinas) at one time or another, I've only lived as far south as Kentucky - and that is a "border State". They sure had that drawl thing going on and ate a lot of bisquits & gravy! It was way too hot and humid for my tolerance. Totally sapped my energy and gave me headaches. No, I'd be a goner in Dixie! *must have AC*

I didn't mind the heat as much as I minded the snakes.  I initially thought about moving west when I started thinking about the future during my senior year of college.  Then I decided the snake situation wasn't much better out there and moved to Maine instead.  I'm too absent minded to do field work in a snakey place.  My career has devolved to the point where the greatest hazard I face is a paper cut, but back then the lack of poisonous snakes in Maine was very attractive.

By the way Kirk, I don't know if Colorado counts as yankee, there should be another designation for those of you who live in the western half of the country.

Westerners?
biggrin.gif

Back