What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buried in snow!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Jan. 11 2005,12:43)]Eight Feet!!! Is that normal for a storm there??
In Nebraska, being so flat and level, we would probably be dead with that much snow.

Cheers,

Joe
Only when the 3 inches you get blows into 15 foot drifts around the house.

Before I moved to Buffalo (I was still in college), they had the infamous Blizzard of '77. I was told that Lake Erie had already been frozen and snow had been accumulating on top. All it took was a strong wind from the wrong direction - and the next thing people knew they were buried, in a short period of time, incapacitating the City for a few days. Normally, it gets the Lake Effect by having the wind draw the water from the Lake and depositing it as snow on the City.

My sister and brother-in-law live in Peyton (west of Colo. Springs). The area they live in looks a lot like the plains of Kansas. In the winter they often get only a couple inches of snow which then proceeds to get blown into 10 foot drifts. Usually in front of someones driveway or front door.

Back