What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buried in snow!

Hey,
I'm buried in snow up here in Tahoe! And there's a winter storm warning through Monday night. Sigh. I spent the morning shovelling out my hot tub:

TahoeJanuary8dump.jpg

Capslock

There was even snow yesterday down here in Las Vegas, NV!
It was soooo fun!

HAHA you must have been worn out after all that shovelling! You know they really should put the tubs in Tahoe inside the house hehe.

For once the rest of the country has gotten clobbered while we have only had a few cold days and 6" of snow here so far! Go figure.

Tony

Hehe, yeah, I'm sore now. The worst part is lofting the snow over the six foot berm there. This side of the house is actually protected, so the "real" snow level is about 3 feet higher than here. I've given up in the front, and have to call someone in with a snowblower to clear my path out.

::looks at thermometer::

64 degrees

>_<

How I hate you...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]::looks at thermometer::

64 degrees

>_<

How I hate you...

I miss SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED more vacations!!! I've only been to school 4 days and I'm already sick of it. (SOO MUCH HOMEWORK!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!)

Sigh. Here's how it is now, and it's really starting to come down again.

TahoeJanuary8bdump.jpg

I'm going home Wednesday to water my plants, and then coming back up till next weekend on Thursday.

Capslock

WOW now THAT is a lot of snow!

I remember, in 1995 up in my dad's cabin in Tahoe, we had TWENTY FIVE FEET OF SNOW! I could walk off our balcony, and i would step right on to the snowpack. I would actually have to climp UP a little. It was so fun. We skiied on July 4th that year.

Hehe, it's still dumping hard. I found a picture from the same view at our first snowfall of the year. Here it is now. (So much for al my shovelling.)

Before:
Tahoe_october_19_snow.sized.jpg

After:
TahoeJanuary8cdump.jpg

Capslock

O_O

Must... Resist... Urge... To Kill...

*sigh* Ohhhh for just a little bit of that.
confused.gif
No chance of that happening here...its in the 60s today and Wednesday they are calling for 77 degrees. This has been one of the warmest January's ever. Its been like spring. In fact, bulbs are coming up in the yard. NOT good. I'm still hoping for snow. I think next week will be colder here.

Hey Capslock...what ever happened with that bear? Did you ever get a photo and do you still see it around?

Anytime you want to ship some of that snow over to me...feel free!
biggrin.gif

I think the bear fled. Here's a pic of my car the other night. It's snowed a lot since then, and there's two more feet coming tonight!:
TahoeJanuary8ddump.jpg

Here's my front porch. For perspective on snow depth, my lot is dead flat, and about 3 feet below the level of the deck on this porch.
TahoeJanuary8edump.jpg

Capslock

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Tony is right....we're having an oddly mild (so far) winter here in the N.E. Well, I guess we deserve it after the last couple winters, but still, I'd like to get one good snow fall. Got about 3 or 4 inches a few days ago, maybe another 2" will fall today. The back into the 50's later this week. Not common in NY in January!

Caps, looks like you need a flame thrower!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There was even snow yesterday down here in Las Vegas, NV!
So Hell finally did freeze overJust kidding guys...I love Vegas and Reno but the thought of watching the girls in the chorus line wearing long johns is...well...dissapointing.

Capslock,  I just saw that South Tahoe got 80" of snow and 18' fell at Donner pass....is that possible?  Or is some reporter embellishing the facts?

I think 18 feet might be embelishing just a bit, but there is almost that much up there total now. It's snowed about six feet in the last round at my cabin, so I believe it's about 9 feet at Donner Pass, which is only about 10 minutes away up the hill. They had a similar series of storms just after Christmas that put down a good base, so the totals are getting WAY up there now.

It's clearing up now, so I think we're just about done with the snow for a little while. As bad as it is up here, they do a great job of clearing the roads, at least in the populated areas. I've been able to drive down into town with no problem once I've dug out my car. The dogs, meanwhile, think they've gone to heaven. They love the snow!

Capslock

Eight Feet!!! Is that normal for a storm there??
In Nebraska, being so flat and level, we would probably be dead with that much snow.

Cheers,

Joe

Back