What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd things people ask you

• Thread starter Treaqum
  • Start date
Well when I am tradeing it freaks me out to have people ask:
My age
Gender (Can't they tell?)
Race
Religion
these have been real questions. Other odd questions:
During elections while I was wearing a shirt supporting the Green Party I was asked what party was I supporting.

Completly concious, someone asked me if i was awake once.

confused.gif

I get asked numerous times a day at work if Im talking on the phone while Im of course talking on the phone.

Once, when my friend was over, the phone rang, and he asked if that was my phone ringing. He doesn't own a cell phone either.

I just had a strange thought:
A man falls down an elevator shaft of about 300 feet. A man at the bottom asks if he's okay, and the man replies, "No, i was in a hurry, and the elevator was just too slow."

People always ask stupid question....

To quote that comedian from Blue Collar TV (who's name escapes me), "Here's your sign."

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Are those real?

BONK! You are baaaaaad, you know that? LOL

I have been asked, for many years, if I was ever told that I look like Dustin Hoffman. Also, with incredible consistency, whenever makes a mistake in calling me by name, they refer to me as Steve.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]To quote that comedian from Blue Collar TV (who's name escapes me), "Here's your sign."

Bill Engvall.

I was selling cp's at a flea market, and one guy was looking at the vft's. he looked up at me and said "Huh, I haven't seen one of these in years, I didn't know they still made these" Of course I responded "No they grow in NC" He replied Oh so they make these in a greenhouse down there?" You can't argue with ignorance so I just said "Yeah"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 14 2005,10:49)]I have been asked, for many years, if I was ever told that I look like Dustin Hoffman. Also, with incredible consistency, whenever makes a mistake in calling me by name, they refer to me as Steve.
Jim,
thats very bizzare, because I was PM-ing Steve (bugweed) a few days ago, and I called him Jim!
what does it mean?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Scot

I don't know. Maybe one of is psycho or has ESPN!
smile_m_32.gif

I HAVE ESPN!!!!! I see in my minds eye, the Atlanta Falcons falling all over themselves in their big game! Wow!! I see the future of Sports!!!!!
BTW, Jim, Call your self JimWeed, and I will be BugScott!

I used to find it humerous but now it is just plain annoying. I have civilian after civilian walk up to me while I am in full uniform and ask me if I am a Police Officer.

I've been asked, "Hey, is that a Venus Flytrap?" "Yep", i said. "What does it catch?"

Well duh! It is called venus FLY TRAP!

Can you scare your frilled dragon so I can see its frill?

umm...no! I am in the process of making it NOT scared of me! Sheesh!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wolf9striker @ Jan. 15 2005,12:58)]I used to find it humerous but now it is just plain annoying. I have civilian after civilian walk up to me while I am in full uniform and ask me if I am a Police Officer.
Well, are you a police officer?
smile.gif

To my mum from one of her FIFTH grade students:
"Mrs. Treffkorn, what's a continent??"
Let me just think, I can come up with some I'm sure... The continent one isn't probably as funny unless you can hear the voice, but you get the idea
smile_n_32.gif

Back