What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omg! this is freaking me out!

• Thread starter SunPitcher
  • Start date
Go to this link and think the number. It knows it!!!

http://www.mysticalball.com/

smile_k_ani_32.gif

I have no clue how it works!!!!

Any number you pick on the chart will give you the same symbol. The chart symbols rearrange themselves whenever you click to try it again so it always looks like it's picking a new symbol.

hmm...very tricky. It scared me the first dozen times
smile.gif

It took me less than a minute to figure it out, it's very cool though, i'll have to concede that. I'm not smart enough to make one though.
smile_h_32.gif

Seriously, i didn't read the rest of the post before i figured it out.

The algebra of it is that your two digit number is 10X + Y. The site's example is 23, so X = 2 and Y = 3. The site tells you to add X + Y and subtract it from 10X + Y. That's 10X + Y - X - Y and that's equal to 9X. So, no matter what two digit number you chose, you'll end up with a multiple of 9. And that table uses the same symbol for 9, 18, 27, and every other whole number multiple of 9, up through 81. Those are the only possible answers if you start with a two digit number.

*blank stare*

As a one-time engineer, I can't resist. Did you know 4X + 3Y - 7.5Z proves the bible's creation story is wrong?

lol... explain (evolution thread... we don't want this one to go off track now do we?)

Now how does that tiny equasion disprove the bible story? I'm not christian myself, but i'm on the hook now, and i'm really curious.

Don't let the equation fragment (notice the lack of an equal sign) scare ya. It is there as a joke. He is just playing with your head. You can put any numbers you want in there and make it equal anything you want.

"[Thanks] to my algebra teacher for teaching me that A+B²=M+ or - the square root of C³, because Lord knows, I use that information every day!!!!"
—Bill Engvall

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Jan. 20 2005,2:50)]"[Thanks] to my algebra teacher for teaching me that A+B²=M+ ..., because Lord knows, I use that information every day!!!!"
—Bill Engvall
I use a variation of this question several times a week in the lab when I test the effluent from our wastewater treatment plant. I have often wished I had payed better attention during Algebra class so I wouldn't have to be refreshing my memory on how to calculate volumes of pipes and how that affects flows. You don't know what the future holds in store for you. Like you, I didn't think I would ever need this information. I had no plans to get into a job where I would need to know this sort of stuff, but I did. Had I been told that I would need to know this sort of thing to treat wastewater, I wouldn't have believed it. So....learn the things they are trying to stuff into your head in school, you don't know when some tidbit of knowledge will come in handy or even which bit will make your job/career easier.

I will now get off my soapbox. Thank you
smile_k_ani_32.gif

So pay aattention in algebra or you'll never work in a wastewater treatment plant. I used algebra a lot too when I did septic system work too. Without algebra you won't do that either. Algebra gets done in morgues every day too. No algebra = no job in morgue. So study your algebra.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 20 2005,7:14)]So pay attention in algebra or you'll never work in a wastewater treatment plant. I used algebra a lot too when I did septic system work too. Without algebra you won't do that either. Algebra gets done in morgues every day too. No algebra = no job in morgue. So study your algebra.
Are these dead end jobs
smile_n_32.gif

Back