What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone! plz read!

• Thread starter sundewking
  • Start date
Hi Everybody!

Hope your plants are all growing well and eating lots!

I am growing lots of stuff at the mo, but i want to know, what temperatures does a heliamphora need AT NIGHT???

Edit:Link to website removed

in the 50's or 60's
smile.gif

Nice forum.I would join but I am a member of four cp forums and a admin at another forum.I just don't have the time to go to another forum.

Jerry

Posts on this forum and the CPUK forums are often redundant already (a lot of people post the same posts on both sites for more exposure)... I suspect that's the best you could hope for with yours unless you had something that couldn't be found elsewhere. Kudos for the effort you put into it, but I'm afraid you might be reinventing the wheel.
smile_h_32.gif
Have you thought about specializing even further maybe?

Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy them and learn lots of information from the folks here.

Note I removed the link you posted to your website. It is inappropriate to advertise a CP forum here. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Tony

So, why did we all have to come read this?

Because this is a new member that is overly concerned with his plants like we all once were.
smile_m_32.gif

No disrespect intended for the Heli question...I was just misled by the "everyone please read" subject heading.  
biggrin.gif

Welcome Sundewking! Hmmm, why don't I see the link to the site...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Because this is a new member that is overly concerned with his plants like we all once were.
smile_m_32.gif

Once were???

Welcome aboard SundewKing.
smile.gif
Good to have you.

You would probably get a better response to your question by posting it in the forum for Heliamphora.
smile.gif
I won't move this since it is also kind of a welcome thread too.

But if you have further questions, I'd post them in the forum that best matches your question.

Have fun!

Suzanne/PAK

Have you tried looking in his profile? You'll find it there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Venus Fly Traps (darlingtonia)
This is from your forum.
I thought I would point that out
confused.gif

By the way welcome to the boards
smile_n_32.gif

I think EVERYONE should make their own CP forum!
lets have 200 CP forums with two posts each on them!
that way newbies will have a billion forums to choose from and will NEVER be able to get any answers to their questions! because most forums will have NO traffic.. so they will go away disappointed because they will assume that there "just isnt a big CP internet community out there..its been a month and no one even answered my question".. when in reality they found one of the 198 dead forums rather than the TWO forums that actually have people on them..
mad.gif

or..better yet..before you make a new forum *just because you can* maybe check first to see if 200 forums already exist for your topic?
(a google search for "carnivorous plants forum", which takes 3 seconds, brings up 6 forums right on the first page..)
and when you find out they do, then maybe consider NOT making another one because it will be totally rendundant and useless and only lead to the dilution of discussions of your topic??

(sorry..sore subject for me..)
Scot

here is a perfect example:

http://cephalotus.proboards25.com/

check out the sarracenia forum..
its been over a year since a post was made..
what if a new person finds that forum?
they will get NO help!
the helimphora forum has ONE post..
the poor guy who made that post 6 months ago is still waiting for an answer..
(actually its been 6 months since ANY post was made at all on that forum!)
that entire forum is totally useless..it should just be deleted outright.
it should have never been created in the first place..
there are already two very active CP forums. (here and CPUK)
and one semi-active (gardenweb)
we dont need any more!
more forums are a disservice to newbies looking for answers.
Scot

Back