What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anime fans on terra forums?

Hay, Hellz here,
I just wanted to know if anyone heres likes Anime, and if so, Which Anime?
My personal favorite anime is Naruto
and my favorite Anime charcter is Rock Lee from Naruto
Hellz

I like the shows Inuyasha, Trigun, and that's really it. I used to like Dragon Ball Z when i was in 5th grade though, i don't really like it anymore though. Oh, i just remembered that Lupin the 3rd is an anime. I love that show.

Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha and Roruni Kenshin are ones I watch. I used to like the Dragon Ball series, but it got repetitious after while.

Edit: Now you see another reason "Kid" is in my forum name.

I watch Aqua Teen if that counts.

Aqua teen doesn't count, but it's awesome. I just remembered that i do like roruni kenshin and YuYu Hakusho too, but i don't watch them as much.

I used to collect Appleseed comics way back in the late 80's..when I was in college..

http://www.jonasio.net/art/shirow/appbook4.jpg

still have them all.
I bet none of you even heard of that! ;)
never watched any anime "cartoons" though..only the comics.
havent been into any anime since then..I stopped collecting comics ages ago..except for anything new Neil Gaiman comes out with.

is Masamune Shirow still doing anything?
I "dropped out" about 1990.
been out of touch ever since..
Scot

everyone that knows anime knows naruto...
I watched DBZ but that was a long time ago. ghost in the shell 2 was pretty good too.

I like anime a lot but haven't seen much. Ghost in the Shell, Battle Angel, Akira, Wings of Honneamise... that was the type of thing I liked. Good place to go for sci-fi concepts most people beyond authors haven't touched.

Wolf's Rain, Witch Hunter Robin, Cowboy Bebop, Akira, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex round out the animes I've seen and enjoyed. There are probably a few I'm forgetting about, though.

I watch full metal alchemist, full metal panic, pokemon ( jk
smile_n_32.gif
), and some other ones i never heard of that my friend intro me to, but i forget their names :p

Verycool, seems there are quite a few Anime fans here.
ScottyChaos, I knew about Appleseed
biggrin.gif

I also like all those mentioned, along with Blade the Immortal, Samurai Champloo, and Bleach.
Also, if anyone likes to download Bitorrents of Anime, what websites do you get them from, and what Bittorrent client do you use?
Thanks in Advanced,
Hellz

Scotty, ther'e's actually a new APPLESEED film just out, I saw it reviewed on The Onion a.v. club just yesterday in fact, gotta love Briareos (a buddy of mine worked for months to make a papier mache Briareos mask- it looked pretty good til he gave up on it)

I'm pretty much all about GUNDAM, I have maybe 100 kits and almost every series - my fave was Z Gundam if anyone cares, that one was truly mind blowing (more action and stranger concepts than the current SEED: Destiny)

Hellz- a buddy of mine does that bittorrent thing- I have dialup so I don't have any info myself, but I'll ask him for ya, PM me if I forget to contact you on it

And I imagine I'd like Aura Battler Dunbine and Heavy Metal L-Gaim if I could ever find them...

I have known a few anime people, and their opinion was that any of the stuff you can actually watch on TV here was trash, so is that the normal view, or are these "purists" of some sort(like a art critic or something)?
I have seen Akira, Ninja Scroll, something called "Warriors of the Wind"(I think) that was pretty good and of course "Princess Monomoke(sp)".
I like the Yu-gi-Oh cartoons, because it's something I can do with my kids.
What's with hair in anime being any color of the rainbow or style and nobody says a thing?

Cheers,

Joe

I'm not big on anime myself. I rather read the manga, the original works of the artists. For example, I absolutely adore reading Naruto, but cannot stand the anime. Quality decreases with anime. So far the only manga-anime transition that's impressed me is AKIRA (though it could've ben a bit longer with more of the original story).

Amori

Very nice!!!
another Naruto Fan!!!
I also read the Manga,(I can only read the Manga now 2, because my Bittorrent isnt working...) Im on Chapter 243 right now ^^
ShokuChuu, Can I ask you what chpater your on, and who is your favorite Char?
Also, Mabudon, If its ok, can you ask your friend where he got his Bittorrent Client from? My doesnte seem to work, either that, or the Torrents im downloading dont work...
Thankks Alot,
Hellz

I dig building the giant robot kits from Gundam (and Robotech back in the day) and the Guyver figure model kits but I'm not a big fan of the actual cartoons. Just something about the way they draw people and do the voices bugs me. I do like that Animatrix anime series but I dunno if that really counts?

I have been watching anime since I was a kid. Who didn't watch Macross (Robotech) in the 80's? Over the years I have amassed a huge collection probably a 100 plus movies. I don't think I can give you a favorite series, but Macross Plus, Evagelion, Cowboy Bebop, and El Hazard (OAV) are some pretty good ones that come to mind. Although in recent years my collection has taken a hit in order to get CP's.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ Jan. 17 2005,1:11)]I watch full metal alchemist, full metal panic, pokemon ( jk
smile_n_32.gif
), and some other ones i never heard of that my friend intro me to, but i forget their names :p
hey, pokemon rocks, what are you talking about?

Hellz,
I've got all the chapters up to 244, and 245 resumes in late January or early February... Can't wait! You don't need Bittorrent to get the manga, just go here to download the zipped ones. Also, I read them in Japanese... Can't stand the translations!
laugh.gif

My favourite character.... I never really thought about this one. Kakashi? Either him or Rock Lee.

Amori

Back