What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the usa is going down the tubes...........

Kornhullio (slang for "the act of homosexual intercourse") is illegal in Texas. I don't blame them, but i think that it's kind of a stupid law, since i'm pretty sure no other state has it.

Nope sodomy is illegal in Michigan also, I belive it is actually illegal in most states. Having an affair w/ someone while being legally married is also illegal in Michigan. I belive the problem with alot of the laws are they sound good in theory but are difficult if not impossible to enforce.

on the Kalifornia 50 BMG ban, it should be noted that this cartridge has NEVER been used in a violent crime in the US. the things are to danged heavy and expensive the light one ive held wieghed 25 pounds(and i thought my 9 pound 338-06 was heavy) their muzzel blast is darn near undescribable, lets just say when yah fire one you can feel the pressure wave in your sinuses. and since these things MUST have a muzel brake to fire out of a gun as lite as 25 pounds you also need EXCELLENT hearing protection or you WILL be deaf after five rounds. crooks ar going to stick to hand guns.

btw the ban also is only for the 50 BMG cartridge. i know of some ppl that are just going to shorten it up by 1/8 of an inch and rechamber their rifles. the cartridge will be named the .50 Governator
smile_n_32.gif
and they will have a rifle that will do 99% of what the 50BMG does and be 100% legal. please note the guys that have these rifles are not useing them for hunting, they are not useing them to shoot down air craft, they are using them to punch holes in paper at extream ranges, does that sound menacing to you?
smile_m_32.gif

we have around 3000 gun laws across the USA, we dont need more laws. we need to enforce the ones that are already on the books and seriously punish all who use a firearm in a violent crime. you can (and ppl quite often do) get more jail time for a 1/2 ounce of marijuana that is in your own home with no intent to sell than for shooting someone in cold blood. now does that really make sence? i vote less laws and stricter punishments. the more laws you have the more likely ppl will break them on a regular basis.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Kornhullio (slang for "the act of homosexual intercourse") is illegal in Texas. I don't blame them, but i think that it's kind of a stupid law, since i'm pretty sure no other state has it.

I beleive these laws were found unconstitional in a federal court realatively recently and all state laws regarding the private activity of two concenting adults have been repealed. Might have my wires crossed, but I do remember reading some news item to that effect.

Anyway, for all the legal stupidity you can stand:

Dumb laws web page!

Consider this;
All of man's laws are created by politicians.
Most politicians are lawyers.
Lawyers earn their living because of litigation.

Solution...pass just one more law making it illegal for lawyers to be politicians.
laugh.gif

I think oral sex is illegal in NC... I THINK... I don't even know where I heard it... it's probably false though... :p

I beleive these laws were found unconstitional in a federal court realatively recently and all state laws regarding the private activity of two concenting adults have been repealed. Might have my wires crossed, but I do remember reading some news item to that effect.

This is the actual text from the Michigan Criminal Code 2005 that I carry on duty and use to enforce the laws.

750.158 Sexual delinquant person
Elements:
(1) Commit the abominable and detestable crime against nature, sodomy
(2) Either with mankind or with any animal

Penalty:
A Class F felony against public order, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison not more then 15 years, or if such a person was at the time of the said offense a sexually delinquent person, may be punishable by inprisonment in the state prison for an indeterminate term, the minimum of which shall be 1 day and the maximum of which shall be life.

Huh. Guess either I'm wrong (or Michigan is defying the federal gov't, lol), or it was only Texas that was forced to revise it's laws. The animal thing wasn't addressed, though...only the concentual actions between two adults....adult HUMANS.

Alpha, if that's so, it may actually be defined as sodomy (this word has different definitions in all states).

LMFAO

I do beleive that it it tecnacly illegal to (have ones private areas in a discrenibly tugrid state in public) aka its illegal to have a errection

in indianda

That. Is. Messed. Up.

Where do you people check your facts? California does NOT have anywhere near the highest crime rate (and rates are not affected by population.)

Crime rates by state

Also the Supreme Court, in 2003, struck down sodomy laws for all states.

CNN article about the decision

Facts people! Check them out!

Capslock

that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! (besides someone saying bats are birds and whales are fish... and others)

LOL... the erection part... not you capslock. I totally agree with you.

If Indiana has a 3 strikes law, the average 16 year old boy would get a life sentence in under 10 minutes.

Capslock, that ruling was set by Texas Supreme Court for Texas law.

"And while Hassel said "only a handful" of states remain still have such laws, Thursday's Supreme Court ruling establishes a benchmark in privacy that had not existed."

It did NOT strike down sodomy laws for all states this one was just for Texas. It was just stating that this ruling would aid individuals that would wish to take their case to their respective state Supreme Court, for that ruling would set a precedance. But currently the law I stated earlier is still a valid law and enforceable in Michigan. If somone wanted to press the issue and take it to the Supreme Court it MAY be found to be unconstitutional but currently it is not. And those are the facts, check um out.
smile_m_32.gif

Um, no, it was the US Supreme Court, and the ruling extends beyond Texas to the rest of the nation. Read again!

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Supreme Court Thursday struck down a Texas state law banning private consensual sex between adults of the same sex in a decision gay rights groups hailed as historic.

The 6-3 decision by the court reverses course from a ruling 17 years ago that states could punish homosexuals for what such laws historically called deviant sex.

Legal analysts said the ruling enshrines for the first time a broad constitutional right to sexual privacy, and its impact would reach beyond Texas and 12 other states with similar sodomy laws applied against the gay and lesbian community, and into mainstream America."

Capslock

*points at first quote in signature*

Back