What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morning lark or

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Are you a morning lark or a night owl? I am a morning lark. Don't use an alarm clock and don't need coffee to jumpstart my day. Ravenous appetite for breakfast. However, I just want to crawl into bed at 10 pm.

If I didnt have to go to work, I would stay up until 2am every night and get up at 10am every morning..
I dont do mornings..
Its impossible for me to get up for work without an alarm clock.
I would be 3 hours late for work every day without one!

scot

I wish I was either one! I constantly feel as though I shouldn't be out of bed!
biggrin.gif

Amori

historically, i was a morning person. i think my body is tuned into the sun. seems i always woke up at the crack of dawn, no matter how late i stayed out, how much i drank, etc.. i guess i still am in a way. i started a new job in august, working Fri-Sat-Sun nights, from 11 pm to 11 am. now, during the week, i usually fall asleep around 8 pm and wake up at 3-4 am. not really by choice either. even if i nap during the day, i still end up waking up around 3-4 am. it sucks, but they're grossly overpaying me, so i can't complain too much. thank god for the internet and computer games, there's not a whole lot on the tube at 4 am.

Definately a night owl. Can't sleep earlier than 11 pm...and that's when I'm SICK.

Even though I have to get up at 6:15 am (which I realize isn't all THAT early), I still can't get to sleep before midnight on most days.

Night owl ,I can stay up till after midnight surfing the net and playing game.That is till my wife gets on to me.LOL
smile_m_32.gif

Jerry

Night owl. nowdays I'm sleeping at 1 AM, and if I was left alone I would literally sleep till 11-12 PM or so.
there was an interesting article that said adolecents go later and later to bed and wake up later and later in the day until about 20 and then they start going backwards I think.

I'm both, I guess. When I was in middle school I would swing between severe insomnia and hypersomnia, and although I get enough sleep nowadays, I've never established much in the way of a schedule since then. I feel super tired between the hours of 8 pm and 12 pm, although I like to both wake up and fall asleep at sunrise (depending on whether I got up early or late the day before.) If I could find more time for naps, I probably wouldn't sleep on a regular schedule at all. Naps are godly.
~Joe

I'm worse than i night owl. No matter how much i sleep, even if i go to bed at 7PM (with a load of sedatives) i barely crawl outta bed in the morning, i wake up naturally at 10 or 11. I can go to bed at 1AM without a problem for 7 days straight though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sarracenia @ Jan. 19 2005,10:39)]there's not a whole lot on the tube at 4 am.
There isn't a whole lot on TV worth watching at any time far as I can tell
laugh.gif

I'm more of a night owl. I have to watch myself or I'll surf the net or read a book 'till two or three in the morning. Not recommended when you have to get up at seven to get ready for work.

Night owl, definitely. I'll stay up till 2 or later sometimes even though I have to get up @ 7 for class the next day.(although I would rather not get up and sleep till 10 or 11)

I had a rude awakening when I went off to college. That 10 pm thing was a bit unrealistic. On weeknights one doesn't even entertain the notion of getting to bed before 1 am. On weekends it was 3 am. I had to adjust!

Another anecdote is that I would often see Tamlin's posts on TF at around 5 am - not because he is up real early - but because he is still up from the night before. We live in the same time zone!

Back