What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking its toll

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
This illness is taking its toll on Noah's body and his immune system. He has contracted thrush and generally doing poorer. He was ambuanced to Saint Louis Children's hospital last week and is undergoing numerous more testings.

Another thing adding to his discomfort is apparently his bone density has been comprimised as they discovered a fracture in his spine. He is lonely not being familiar with this hospital or its staff. They won't permit patients to use internet due to legal considerations.

CHILDREN's Hospital
One Children's Place
Patient: Noah G.
floor 8E room 56B
St. Louis, Missouri 63110 USA

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

i really really hope he gets better and wish him well

I hope they can get him better,seems like he is getting the runaround.I hope he gets better real soon.

Jerry

Do they think he's going to hack into the Dept. of Defense if they give him internet?!? We're still with you Noah, even if it'll be a little while before you can check in on us.

Chelation Therapy works on thrush. My wife had thrush REAL bad, and Chelation Therapy brought her back to health. I do not know if that kind of therapy is even around anymore, as thrush is very uncommon.

Aww, I'm sorry, that's awful to hear
smile_h_32.gif
I'll have to try to send him a card or something- I don't really know him too well, but I know that he's a good kid. I hope the next time we hear news it'll be a lot better.

an mri of the head showed excessive fluid around the brain - may be attributing to the headaches, but they do not know if it is the cause of his other problems or not.

Crap, i hope Noah gets better very soon. I'm worried about the poor guy.

Gotta remember to keep praying for him!

is there anyway you can get a referal to the Mayo Clinic in Rodchester MN? with as many problems as he has been having and as many Docs as he has seen with no marked improvement i would think that would be the next step. my sister has had problems with her lungs, sinuses and allergies and such most of her life. she has seen countless docs all of which have not helped her. about a month ago my dad through up his hands in frustration and asked a local Doc(a very compitant and excellent Doc) if he would give her a referal to the Mayo Clinic. the Doctor said yeah that would probably be the best bet since nothing has helped her in the last 8 years or better. its an excellent hospital with some of the best Docs in the country but yah need a referal to get in as far as i know. my fiance's youngest daughter was also refered there for gastro-intestanal problems and Darla says it is the absolute best hospital she has ever been to. the amount of personal care and attention cant be beat. if anyone can figure out whats wrong with Noah and get it fixed i would put money on the Mayo being able to do it.

OMG, Im so sorry.
smile_h_32.gif

I feel very bad now, since Im getting better and better and leaving my depression behind and making good friends, while Noah keeps gettign more and more ill.
smile_h_32.gif

Back