What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kava kava

• Thread starter Vertigo
  • Start date
Hey guys,

I'm looking into taking kava kava for a few reasons and was just wondering if anyone had any personal experiences to share, or any info that i may not have found out on my world wide search of the world wide web.

is that anything like the karma sutra?
smile_m_32.gif

I hear both can be relaxing.  ;)

Hmmm, guess it's a no to kava kava. Most of the stores have seemingly taken it off of the shelves do too long term use and liver damage.

Anyone have any suggestions for anything anti-anxiety that i don't need a prescription for?

Have you tried this page? This is a very informative website and contains everything from personal experiences to current laws regarding certain substances.
Good luck on your search!

Amori

OK, I just realised my signature had been changed into something a little inappropriate to the original... Either my brother did this, or someone hacked into my account. Not happy.

OK it was my brother. Not happy at all with him.

Kava (Piper methysticum root) is an important social beverage throughout the Pacific islands. I have found that in moderate amounts, kava has a nice tranquilizing effect. In larger amounts, lips and extremities become numb and standing can be a challenge. In Pohnpei, sakau is kava squeezed through the inner bark of the tropical hibiscus tree producing a viscous brown goopy liquid resembling snot. I have been unable to get excited about sakau snot. In some circles kava is called the Prozac alternative. As you say, use has been linked to liver damage and the sale of kava has been curtailed in a number of countries.

I was recommended kava for sleep problems I had in high school. It kind of worked, but I ended up going with other treatments. I believe I read that most commercially available forms of kava are particularly hazardous to the liver due to the chemicals which are used to extract the active ingredients from the plant, and not so much the kava itself.
~Joe

try erowid.com

Kava always left me feeling a little shakey in the end. Gotu Kola has a great effect --as with kava, it has been utilized as both a stimulant and a sedative but I always felt the sedative aspects. Also, ashwaganda (also known as 'indian ginseng') has a great calming effect.

Back