What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mozilla firefox

• Thread starter firewired
  • Start date
I was just wondering if you guys have tried this out. It's a browser just like internet explorer but it's quite a bit more secure, and everything loads faster. I just tried it out today and i like it way better. I read an article that a 15 year old programmer helped out with this. Just curious if anyone else has tried it out.

Firefox

- Joel

I tried it when it was still a Beta, I really liked it, but there were some things it wasn't supporting at the time, like flash and so on, but now that it's out, I plan on giving it a try again. They guy who lead the charge for firefox is 19 now I think, there is an article in this month's WIRED about him.

It's what im using right now. It beats internet explorer with a baseball bat.

AE, does it handle flash and other plugins ok now? that was my main reason for not using it. I really liked Tabbed web browsing, that was, in a short, the coolest feature introduced to a computer in the last 5 years.

Yeah, i like it alot better than ie. And yes RamPuppy, it does support flash now. There are lots of extensions you can download as well, although I haven't really played around with them much.

I use Firefox all the time... And barely ever come to a page that I need to go over to my IE... The plugins auto install when needed... The add in feature that I use most is Adblock. It's nice to control what ads I see and which I don't. I keep trying to remove the ad on top of my AIM window... haha
Andrew

Firefox all the way. It's more crisp and friendly to users, I find.

Yep, this came up a few months ago... some thread titled "Internet Exploder" I think LOL

Firefox is slick, try it and you will never go back- the baseball bat comment above is pretty much perfect

I amusing it, though I haven't as yet tapped into the plugins.

Just about every single plug-in imaginable is on their site now if you are having plug-in problems. Its netscape based and some websited just don't support it.
confused.gif

I've been using firefox for some time now. The only thing that uses IE is when I log onto hotmail through MSN messenger.
I sure wish there was a way to totally and completely remove IE off the puter. Microsoft sure did make sure that it's virtually impossible to remove IE without screwing up windows.

I had the same trouble, it always logs into hotmail with IE. I already had a link to it on the favorites bar, so I just use that now instead of clicking on the link in messenger.

Amateur_Expert, I like your signature picture and your avatar. Did you create that?

Ram Puppy, I like your animated avatar too. Did you make that in flash?

...........and you other guys have cool ones too
biggrin.gif

yup, it is made in flash, but i beleive (it's bee a while since I put it up) that I had to publish it as an animated gif, I don't think the flash file would run properly as an avatar.

I believe it is actually a flash file, because if you right click on it, it brings up the flash menu to zoom in etc. Looks nice though.

Have you worked much with the action script? I have tried some of that, but it is pretty complicated. Fun stuff though if you really get the hang of it.

Back