What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oops

• Thread starter Nflytrap
  • Start date
I did the stupidest thing ever today. Early in the morning, and of all things their is sphagetti for breakfast. I open the lid of the pot of sauce and obseve water on it and think-hey...thats distilled water! And in my stupor decide to give some to the nep. So I walk over a good distance and pour in just a tad bit of this water and then realize that perhaps the water really isn't quite clean. Well, sure, enough ,the lid wasn't quite clean and smelt of sphagetti and for reasons I have no idea their was some kind of residue on the lid. Well, of course I panicked and ended up flushing the pot with around 1/2 a gallon of water over the cost of a few drops.

Though I doubt it will do much I hope the experience doesn't harm the plant
smile_l_32.gif

Sounds like a small case of Nepenthes culture panic.

The stale beer in the bottom of all the cans & bottles isn't distilled water either. So don't give it to the Nep. But it's OK to catch flies on the morning after pizza and feed them to the CPs.

o_O

Hehe... I haven't quite made that mistake but I do know all about making impulsive plant decisions. I can't count how many times I've wetted down my peat moss with tap water before repotting a CP.
I hope your plant likes Italian food as much as I do.
~Joe

Ok, FTG...I gotta question. What the heck does o_O mean? I see this all over the place, and for the life of me, cannot make sense of it!

It's, like... uh... googly eyes. Think of that cartoon cat that always says, "Aaack!" (Can't remember his name... he's in a comic strip with that penguin dude...) Think shock and dismay.
~Joe

To me, o_O is a strange look where you kinda squint one eye and open the other really wide.

It's a face.

Raising eyebrow peculiarly: o_O

Blank stare: ...O_O...

Happy: ^_^

Winking: -_^ (even though that really doesn't make sense, because then BOTH eyes are closed, when you think about it, but -_O doesn't exactly look right either, now does it)

Annoyed: ¬_¬ (Alt+172)

Frustrated: >_<

Shocked: @_@

Bored: -_-

Dead: x_x

Some people use a . in the place of a _ (o_O, ...O.O..., ^.^, etc.), but that's just too cute for me.

Any questions?

Back