What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 ICPS Conference

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Every two years the ICPS holds a conference. In 2004 it was in France. The next one will be held in Maryland. I just wanted to see if anybody here are planning to go. If enough people from here are planning to go, maybe we can plan a Terraforums meeting.

To far for me!I wish it was closer.

Jerry

Where at in MD?
I do not see anything on the website.

I think it's Frostburg University. I looked up Frostburg on Mapquest and it's in the western part of the state between WV and PA.

Just hit me, Every 2 years.
Aren't you planning a little early? It would be in 2006, correct?

June 2nd to the 4th.
Yes it's early but it's never too early.

Bad dates. I do not know if the wife would let me go. June 1st will be our 10th year anniversary.
Your right, it might not be too early. I have to figure out how I can get to go.
smile_n_32.gif

When all else fails, do what I do. Honey, how would you like a trip in the mountains of Maryland for our anniversary?

Just realized that the date was in the subject line of the post. doh!

Ha! June 4th is Miranda's b-day. She'll be 2 on the last day of the show...

What better excuse to go? Let's bring Miranda to see all the pretty plants!

hmmm..Maryland isnt too far from me..
I will definately consider going!
smile.gif

Scot

Good dates for me! My graduation year, what a lovely gift to myself!

Hmmmm. I have some relatives in Maryland that I haven't seen in a few years. Wonder if they have a spare bed...

I live like..20 minutes from Maryland so if I can convince my mom to take me then booya I'm there. OH! By then I could drive myself. Double Booya..wait..no..I could still drive but I'd have to drag my mom along. *sigh*

Hmmm, wonder if there's any chance that they'll bring the conference down to Australia one year? Doubt it.
smile_o_32.gif

Seandew,

I would be shocked if they did not, at some point. There are too many wild cp to see there to not do one. It could be as soon as 2008, who knows?
The intent was to try and spread these out to as many continents as possible, but people have to volunteer to do one. I believe Australia is lumped into Autrail-Asia or hoever that is spelled/pronounced. they had one in Japan, so technically one in your area of the World already. However, there has been two in Europe and this is the third in the US. I am sure Fernando would love to see one in Brazil(not to mention the ICPS, as this continent has not hosted yet), but I don't know how many cpers there are down there and if they would help him.
I missed Atlanta(wife got a new job and I did not want to go alone), I made San Francisco, but have never been out of the country. We have always thought visiting Australia would be cool, so if it happens, that might be the non-US one I would go to.

Cheers,

Joe

We are part of Australasia as is New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. Japan however is just plain Asia. Unless we have been lumped as part of the whole of Asia?

It would be great to see it come down here at some stage and I'm sure it would receive plenty of support. Whether we can compete with the amount of dedicated growers in the USA, Europe or Asia is debatable though. Would be great to see some of you guys from up north head down too.

Back