What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Punk rock sculpture

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Hey, some of you might be old enough to know the Circle Jerks old skool punk rock band. This year is their 25th anniversary (still rockin!)  so here's a 10" tall tribute piece I've done since saturday night. I hope to have him totally done and painted by next weekend!

goon2.jpg

goon3.jpg

goon5.jpg

goon1.jpg

the original cartoon from old LPs, tee shirts and concert posters way back:
goon4.jpg

hope ya dig it!  
smile.gif

You have too much free time.

great as usual.

That's awesome man. Clothing is tough but it looks perfect! Keep them coming!
biggrin.gif

Gracias folks! Theres plenty let to do yet like making wrinkles on the tee shirt, the hair/eyebrows, big boots.
Due to the pose he'll have to be secured to a base unless I cut him up and give him articulated elbows, knees and shoulders. but I'm not going through all that unless the bands label wants to produce the figure! I'm thinking of making a wooden slat floor reminiscent of the old punk concert hall we used to have in MPLS complete with mini broken bottles, coins and a concert poster on the floor!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You have too much free time.

We ALL do, why else are we here at 3 am talking about our impossible-to-grow plants! lol
smile_n_32.gif

Back