0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    soda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    soda but we mostly call it by their names (mountain dew, coke, etc)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in Dixie everything is called Coke. So Orange coke is really orange soda.
    I usually call it soda because people down here get confused and thing that you are saying pot not pop. Whats really sad is this was a couple of teachers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

I call them soda.

But I don't drink soda, I drink water instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a life-long New York State native, and I actually did a study on this in college! (seriously!)

I have lived in Waverly, New Paltz, Corning, Albany, Rochester, and NYC.
    and my fiance is from Buffalo..I have the state covered! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

I grew up in Waverly, NY, which is on the NY/PA border between Binghamton & Elmira..we were firmly in "pop" territory, and I never heard it referred to as "soda" until college..
    I went to SUNY New Paltz, in the Hudson Valley, (across the river from Poughkeepsie) and many of my college friends were from Long Island..they all grew up with "soda" and had never heard of "pop"!
    So, by doing some research and asking many New York natives (college friends) from all over the state, I found out where the line is..
    Buffalo, Rochester, Corning, Elmira, Waverly..all firmly "pop"..
    Long Island, NYC, Hudson Valley, Albany..all firmly "soda"..
    Syracuse, Ithaca, a mix! probably because of the large college popluations..
    and also they are in the middle of the state.
    So! there is a distinct pop/soda line that can be drawn through the middle of New York state..it runs from Oswego, through Syracuse & Ithaca, and down to Binghamton..west of the line is Pop, east of the line is Soda..
    the further west away from the line you go the more "all pop" you are..to the point that Buffalo is ALL pop and no soda..
    the further east from the line you get more and more soda you become..Long Island is all soda and no pop at all..
    (the only area im not sure about is the Adirondacks..seems like they should more popish, but I havent surveyed there yet, so they could either)
    near the line is a mix..thats where the blending of the two cultures occurs..
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    soda
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pop, unless your one of the weird people who move into this state(MI).
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soda. Either that, or the name of the drink itself.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast