What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soda or pop?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
Seandew! Darn Aussies trying to make too much sense...
smile_n_32.gif

I had an early childhood in North Carolina and moved to Nebraska in 76(at ripe age of 12). I still remember going to a place and asking for a soda, and they said,"You want vanilla,chocolate or strawberry?" I made a face and said,"Don't you have Coke or anything like that??"
Soda to them, meant like an ice cream soda. It is pop in these flat, windy plains.

Cheers,

Joe

We in Florida would say "coke" or "soft drink" or just "drink", unless you moved here from somewhere else, then I guess you keep using whatever you're used to. If you say "soda" here, everyone will know what you are talking about, but say "pop" and you sound like you're from outer space or somewhere.

lol Bug...you broke form! And now I know where you get all your buzz from...Mt. Dew has the most caffeine of all the soft drinks (except those icky freak drinks like Jolt).

I say soda or drink (short for soft drink) and almost everyone I know says that too.

Pop is...well...weird!
smile_n_32.gif

what's cheerwine? we call it soda or coke in tx.

I grew up in NC. It seemed that everybody that moved there from Ohio called it pop. People from every other state called them sodas. I now live in Ohio (against my will) and everybody here say pop. I still call a coke a coke, sprite is sprite and so on. I hate pepsi, I love Mt.Dew and I miss mello yello and sundrop every day I'm here. If I refer to them in a generic term I say drink.

is there ANYONE who doesn't like the almighty mellow yellow (I even named a wild snake mellow yellow lol...) or mountain dew?

Round these parts, we call non-alcoholic carbonated beverages either "Limo" (at home) or "qi4shui3" (outside)

Hope that adds to the general confusion
smile.gif

LOL a drink around here refers to an alcoholic drink. Ie a rum & coke. The carbonated stuff is a soft drink, pop, or what ever brand is your favorite poison...Pepsi, Coke, Mtn. Dew, etc.

My wife calles it "Mountain Dew" I call it "Diet Pepsi".

I live in south ohio we call it pop. Mountain Dew seems to sell out fast in stores and the store owner is calling it Liquid gold

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]what's cheerwine? we call it soda or coke in tx.

One of the many southerner drinks that northerners and westerners are missing out on along with sweet tea, sun drop, and RC.

I am alone, Wesley. I like RC, too. Finding it is a little difficult.

LOL, I can find it pretty easy, but for some reason people like Coke or Pepsi better... I personally like RC better when it comes to the "orginal" flavor of a soda.

Soda....

Pop is what happens when you drink too much!

we call them Brus, officially they are called leskedrikke...

I like Coke, Oscar Sylte A/S pear flavor and Fanta Shukata(?), we use to have a banana flavor soda but they don't sell it anymore, it was a summer edition "brus" in 2003 I think...

what weird flavors do you guys have?, they have just lance MountainDew over here, people say it tast like Sprite from Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper was lance last year, I don't know if you have the same DrPeppers but that one was horrible, fake cherry taste, YUCK!

Hmmm...Dr Pepper doesn't taste like cherry to me. I don't think its supposed to be a cherry drink (although oddly enough they have just released a cherry vanilla version of Dr Pepper). Dr P has its own distinct flavor and its my favorite (diet though). I refuse to consume calories via sodas.

I do remember SunDrop though...my grandmother always had that at her house. As well as RC cola. I like Wink and Fresca too.

Back