What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windowsill

Is the windowsill usually the best place for plants? I have them on there now, and they seem to be doing pretty well, but some of the capensis leaves don't stay that perky. But maybe that's normal too. I just wasn't sure if it gets too hot in there for them. It seems like the temperature changes would be too much. Maybe some sort of table or something would be better temperature wise. Just a thought. Thanks
biggrin.gif

It all depends on the windowsill and the weather conditions. My largest nepenthes have grown in a window (on a table, too big for the sill) but I don't get enough direct sunlight for most drosera.

N_hirsuta_x_veitchi12.sized.jpg

Capslock

The daily temp changes should be a god thing, as they would experience this in nature. They probably don't get enough day/night change by being indoors. It wouldn't get too hot unless it were summer and they were kept between the storm and inside window - greenhouse effect.

Back