What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save toby

• Thread starter Starman
  • Start date
http://www.savetoby.com/

I cant believe this.
confused.gif

I thought it was funny, then I realised he collected over $12000!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

What kind of idiot would donate?!

I cannot get it to come up. what did it say?

Any one who would threaten to eat a rabbit after nursing it to health and raising it as a pet, will probably eat it to celebrate fleecing $50,000 off of people with kind hearts and soft minds. Just my opinion.

what a sicko!

Treaqum, if your on dial-up, you need to wait for it to load. I waited about 4 minutes. I say "about" because I browsed some forum topics while it loaded, so don't reaelly know how long it took.

LOL this is proof that we humans have eliminated and need to reinstate some form of natrual selection to eliminate some people. LOL

and that we arer doomed as a species.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Feb. 05 2005,7:45)]what a sicko!
More like a major conman, he will probably take the money and keep the rabbit alive.

Oh wow... that's really funny.

Come on guys, he never had any intention of eating the rabbit. He's joking. And people are paying him for coming up with a joke they found funny. They're probably mostly micro-payments anyway... a dollar here and a dollar there that add up as people spread this link through various forums.
smile.gif
I really really doubt any single person donated a significant amount of money, and if someone did, well, they were probably just going to spend it on something like Alien Invasion Insurance anyway.

Some people just find ways of pulling money out of the air with the internet, leaving other people to curse themselves for not thinking of it first.
smile.gif

I luaghed at the recipes. And sent it to all my friends. They guys loved it but the girls hated it.

i dont think he's sick..i think he's really smart! i should go and find a cute bunny then try this myself!

I think Dino's right, I find it hard to believe that anybody (utter sociopaths aside) would be serious about a scam like this when they could just as well lie about it and still get the cash... And that bunny is way too cute. I ate rabbit a few times, but there's no way I could bring myself to kill one unless I were starving... even then it would probably bother me a lot. One that I raised myself... that's just about out of the question.
But what a racket! Pretty clever, as far as twisted manipulations of compassion go.
~Joe

PS - Just checked with my internet-culture-guru-friend, the deadline was January but it didn't get good circulation so they extended it. I think Toby is already saved.

That guy is a genius. Too bad the ####### beat me to it. Its not like i'd want the money...but it just shows how some people can be practical and smart.

I don't know, the person also claims the money will be donated to different causes. If they left out the donation part I could see it being a pretty funny joke.

he probably doesnt even own a bunny.

My dad had a pet rabbit. It bit him in the ear and he killed it in accident... I think he may have done it on purpose. He came from an odd family. They had neihbors who had un-fixed cats and so when they had kittens they would tie them in a sack anfd through them into the creek in front of their house. They live in isolation and have NO clue whhat animal cruelety is. Not that they do it but that are is/used to be the biggest meth lab production in our county and I think in the state too.

I accidently killed a rabbit in Bosnia(when I was 7) because I loved it too much.
It was a young rabbit, and I was cuddling it so much it couldnt breathe, so it died. My grandma told me about that, I cant even rememebr of that incident, but I feels orry for hte poor rabbit now.
smile_h_32.gif

I can't imagine domesticated rabbit to taste that nice compared to wild ones (yum!)...:p

Back