What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huh... aim problem

• Thread starter lithopsman
  • Start date
Well I use AIM primarily for business, easier to correspond quickly than e-mail, and I am having a very annoying problem... About every 5 minutes it automatically puts up this:

OMG LOOK

as my away message. I have no idea where it came from and have tried everything to get rid of it. Anyone know how it can be done? It doesnt seem to harm the computer, it is just extremely annoying.
confused.gif

I edited out the address. When I clicked on it, it asked me to save a program. If this is a virus, I don't want it to spread through the forums.
Ozzy

you know, if you use AIM for business, you really should look into Trillian.

Trillian

It combines AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, and IRC all into one client. So next time you try to get someones AIM account and they say "I'm on Yahoo" no problem, just get it anyway.

The flipside of this, is you will need to have an account setup on each service, but that really isn't a big deal. When you have trillian, you are REALLY connected!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It combines AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, and IRC all into one client.

That's gotta be... loud. *muffles fit of laughter* Sorry, I couldn't resist.

lithopsman, sounds to me like someone is hacking into your screenname. I suggest changing your password.

Back