What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone playing astrowars online?

lol, you mad ol' Jedi... be nice.
smile.gif

Biology 7
Economy 7
Energy 13
Mathematics 7
Physics 12
Social 11
Trade Revenue 0%
Trade Balance 0

Biology 7
Economy 7
Energy 13
Mathematics 7
Physics 12
Social 11
Culture (+64 per hour)
Culture 7

I am making an end run towards physics 15 right now and saving my pp's to buy a few battleships!
smile.gif

Well guys, I'm gonna have to start over. Looks like some guy called laotse is going around can destroying every player on his system and around it. I happen to be in a sytem around him, and he just threw 171 destroyers at me. I'm actrally one of the last survivers around him, he just killed some guy that was pretty strong in my system. If i start over, I will try to start near you guys :p . Zongyi

chances are you won't be near us ZY, but before you start over, throw all your pp's into your starbases around your planets, pp for pp starbases are far more powerful than ships. send him a PM and ask if he wants to be allies, remind him having someone close to him means your ships can come to help him a lot faster.

that being said, if the little brat kills you off, I will see what i can do when I get to that area, I have a friend in the Galactic nemos as well.

I spent all money on defence, but he can still cream me. I asked him to withdraw, and he refused. Well, now that I started over, I have found myself around the -100x, -100y area. I will be resigning a few more times until I find somewhere that I'm comfortable with. Zongyi

Started again, now i'm pretty close to Est. Im on -60, -105, in a small cluster of low level stars. All the people around me in nearby systems have been away for up to 4 days. I think I may do well this time.... better get some supply units
laugh.gif
. Zongyi

I am am about to send 12 colony ships to two planets in a new system that is faily week, I am also taking 100 destroyers and seperating them between the two planets. From there I'm taking half the system and my ally is hopefully going to take the other half of the system. We agreed not to boot each other from systems and to split systems in order to take them down. The only problem with the new system is one guy has a lvl 13 starbase! I was like "holy crap! I'm gonna need a lot of destroyers to take him!" But anyway wish me luck on taking him down.

Well, I had to restart again.
mad.gif
Some guy sent a few hundred destroyers at me, and there is no way for me to get enough pp to fend him off. I guess its time to make an ally and start talking to neighbors :p .

Wesley, i think you need transports to do conqure planets with population, not colony ships. Also, when you split your team, split the 50 into even smaller pieces, like 10s. That is the best way to take down a large defence without useing a lot of destroyers. Use the battle calculator to help.
ex: to take down a lv 10 base, you should to send in order 9, 7, 5, 4, and than all the rest(at least 29 or so). It lowers the base down one lv at a time, from 10 to 9.4, which turns into 9, and from 9 to 8.4, and so on. The last punch should be able to kill the weakened base. Good luck. Zongyi

sorry, i think you may have misunderstood me. The planets I'm taking are uninhabited planets, the destroyers will be for protection in case they want to try and boot me. Once each base is establised I will fan out and take bases.
Thanks for the tip. So send just enough ships to take the base down a lvl, and follow it an hour later or so with more ships to take it down another lvl and so on, and then once it's down to lvl 3 or 4 send a hoard of ships and wipe them out? And then once the base is gone send in the transports to take out everything else, and after that send the colony ships in to establish a base on the planet?

ahh... sweetness... I have 8 planets now, all are churning out pp's nicely, I took the last one relatively intact, had high factory numbers and so on...

I sold 2 Supply Units last week at what appears to be their peak through the last few months, then bought PP's at wat appears to be a new record low. Turned around and just churned out 5 battleships... tee hee....

the next week I think is going to be spent doing 2 things... building cybernets, and building Battleships, Cruisers, and destroyers...

enemies beware.

I'm glad to be in another part of the universe LOL

*chuckle* Ok, I'm in a squeeze. So, I attacked my friendly neighbor, all pretty small forces (but that's really the best I can do right now
smile_n_32.gif
) My first cout fleet arrived at planet 9, no starbases, killed 50% of his forces. Round two, I sent to larger forced to planet 9 and 6. but only ended killing half of his definding forces (darn you attack -1! :p). Now, I figured he'd be slowed down a little, but he just attacked a person with only 1 planet in the system but like 9 starbases... And the planets population dropped by 7 and now has no starbases.. Oh dear, so much for having phased him :p It looks like he has a definite leg-up. though, since all the planets are taken in my system, I have a colony ship that'll be arriving in another system soon, I figure that he won't notice anyway and will get cocky. I'm churning out excess PPs, but it feels uncomfortable to use them all on Destoryers. I want cruisers ASAP. Wish me luck, it's a game of cat and mouse- and this guy's a bloody tiger.
smile_n_32.gif

EST, is this in your new system? He may be going strong now, but spending pp's on a fleet early in the game is a sure road to financial disaster.(for him.)

If you can hold on and pound him, go for it, if not, beat him up as much as you can (you know, revenge) and start over. Spend ALL your pp's on Robotic Factories, Cybernets, and Research Labs, and occasionally on hydroponics farms to keep your growth rate up... log in every few hours at minimum in a new game, that may seem stupid, but if you produce 8 points an hour, and 8 points is what a factory costs and you DONT log on, you just wasted those points for as long as it takes you to log in (if that makes sense.)

I think I am in a region with some savvy players... I may be joining you soon... not sure.

oh, and Wesley, you are the closest player I know to me... no worries, I won't come to any of your systems except to squash your enemies.

Rampuppy is the closest to me, shes 70 units south from me. Est, what did you use all your exp on if your attack is -1? I maxed out attack and speed for the cost of culture and growth, along with a little science loss. The culture loss is almost nothing, the culture exp has such a low effect that building galactic cybs can easily fix the loss.

So any of you plan to be farmers? If you maxed out your exp on growth, production and sci in place of attack, speed and def, then your a candidate
biggrin.gif
. I hear most farmers get to the top 50s, but they need strong bodygards as allies to protect them. Zongyi

Oops, nvm Est, I just remembered the end of pg 4
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

Oh no, Ram, it's not nearly so dire... Yet. He's growing in power, buit if he attacks me, then oh boy, I'll give him what he's got coming. ;) I'm not out of the race yet, I'm just saying there's rising tension and things'll get interesting. My production bonus does seem to be quite a nice attribute though, if I got my Social up a little and make another Robotic Factory or so and I'll be able to churn out a destroyer every hour ;) Though, as it stands, my fasted production rate is 23 per hour with a level 9 population (about to go up!) and a level 14 Factory (No way I'm spending 14 hundred points on it through). How fast is everyone elses- I just wanna know how big of a change the bonus makes... I make a total of 98 PP/hour.
Oh, and the big contender is in my home system, there was no way for me to nip him in the bud earlier on, he get there before me. Well, I'll keep you guys updated. Good luck to everyone!
smile_m_32.gif

I am producing over 250 pps per hour from all my colonies combined, my largest producer is a pop 11 colony with a level 15 Robotic Factory.

Ugh, I had to restart, AGAIN
mad.gif
. Well, armed with experiance, I'm gonna do to the fellows in my system what the past 5 people did to me, attack early with a fleet that is big enough that they cant defend themselves but small enough to keep it cheap. I seriously have gotta be doing something wrong. This time, I chose +4 def, attack and speed so that I can pound some people before they kill me. I'm about 60 units south of Rampuppy, and 40 units away from Wesley, so if any one of you can see me, please send some destroyers to help out :p . Zongyi

Supply Unit $677,63
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Wow! Nice! I think I'll pick one of those up ASAP before the price goes back up!

that is VERY nice... price!

Oh, and to clear one thing up, I am not properly equiped to be a "She".
smile.gif
thank you. It is "His Highness Rampuppy, Ruler of all the Ram_Pire"
smile.gif

In a little over 3 hours, I will be launching 200 destoyers backed up by 15 battleships on an expedition to bring freedom to an occupied neighbors people. THen together, we will secure (over the coming weeks) the ring of stars around our binary system (what I call it cause were so close on the map). Whether those worlds fall to us by joining in alliance, or become fodder, it makes no difference to me.

Sadly, most of you are to far away for me to come to assistance. Perhaps next round we can all make a pact to start within seconds of each other, and hopefully get placed very close together.

Back