What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone playing astrowars online?

Wesly, Unknown is NOT a player, it is what happens when someone goes idle for more than a week, the civilization becomes an 'unknonw' much like a spliter colony in moo, except you still have to conquer it.

I just had my first loss, I control all inhabited planets in my system (either they are mine or I have them under seige) but a goof named pyrox has put a fleet of his over one of my free planets. No no... it's MY system. So sent a fleet of 15 destroyers to check it out... they are no more, but I took out 40% of his fleet. Anyhow, he has 68 destroyers coming down his throat now.

Oh... I did not know that! Hmm.... I might be about to add a few new systems under my belt.

I got a question, I decided to ask you guys because I don't know anyone on the forums over there. Anyway, the small stars that don't show any planets, if you send a fleet to one, what is the star useful for?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ Feb. 10 2005,9:30)]I am launching my first invasion today...

"Have fun stormin' the castle boys!"
smile.gif

-the princess bride
Ah yes, me and some friends watched that movie tonight. Well sorta we spent a lot of time talking and laughing... by the way it was Miracle Max who said that.

RP, how long did it take you to get to the point to where you had the PP to make that many destroyers?

i didn't remember billy crystals charachter name so i just referenced the movie.

Hehe, my username is now Integrate. I'm asking a mod from the game forum to delete my old account. Anyways, I dont think Im near any of you guys now. I also plan to contral my system, so far 2 colony ships are heading for 2 free planets in my system...... Zongyi
I just checked, and Im around 40 units on the y axis away from Wesley

Zongyi,

you understand that you must have a culture level of three to for both those colony ships to land? Your culture level determines how many planets you can control, i.e. if your culture level is five, you can hold 5 planets. otherwise, your colony ship will just go into orbit.

Yeah, I knew that
smile.gif
. I have a culture level of 4 right now (I started with lv 4), so I should be able to take the planets, and later on take another. Zongyi

Dang I found eah of you guys in relation to me and Zongyi is closest, the RP, then, Est who is on the complete opposite side of the map.

This may sound dorky, but once we get to high enough lvls, we ought to form an alliance.

doesn't sound dorky at all, the largest alliance I know if is "the galactic nemo's" and they have over 40 members, and some members already have bio-sciences 23... alliances are a must.

Hm, well things are starting to kick off a bit for me, though, I have another major contender in my star system, so we'll see if I live long enough to join in the alliance.
smile_m_32.gif

I read about the galactic Nemos. I also read about the CORE. That was AMAZING.

I reccomend pumping points into Factories, Farms, and Cybernets, that will give you a good foundation for growth, worry about research later. don't go above 10 or so on any one thing (i have a factory at 14, that is the highest i ahve gone) it gets cost prohibitive up there... instead, colonize a new world, and spend pp's there. if you have a world that is pumping out tons of pp's and you don't want to spend them there, build two colony ships, send them to the colony you do want to use them at, they will dissasemble back into pp's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]build two colony ships, send them to the colony you do want to use them at, they will dissasemble back into pp's.

Oh, didn't know that interesting bit! Thanks for the tip... Right now I'm at a bit of a culture bottle-neck... Just need to wait a few more hours 'till I can add another planet. Lol, things will get interesting when war breaks out between me and the other guy in my star system... I'm just hoping I'll win over him... My extra 8% production sure does make a nice surplus of points though, so I'll see what I can do. How's everyone else holding up?? I'll have to post my levels later...

I am donig fairly well, my culture will go up again around 4AM so I will be up to 7 planets, already have transports in orbit to take it.

Cuture is a bottleneck you are going to be facing for quite a while, I have been facing it since I tried to build my first colony ship.

I will give you a hint on how to deliver a decisive blow to your enemy... watch his log in times for a week, if for instance, he goes idle for the entire weekend, launch your fleets next week when you think he has gone idle for the weekend, hopefully you have enough speed to arrive before he comes back on monday, by then, you will either have invaded his worlds or put the kibosh on his fleet/battlestation. My reccomendation, even if your not able to colonize yet, sige his worlds, knowck out his star system and keep throwing ships at it so he can't just 'buy' a vast armada of defensive ships... if you control space above his worlds, you control him, and you don't even have to hurry to conquer him, you can just take your time and colonize in the system, chances are he will give up and resign.

planet number 7 is under my belt! 5 more to go for system control! I can see I am goign to have to start spending massive amounts of money on cybernets. sigh....

Hm, here's the situation for me, there are a total of 3 other people in my star system, only one of them has to be worried about. This player, he's probably better off than me- His highest tech is one level higher than my highest, though, he doesn't have many star bases, in fact, most of his planets have none. I just sent 9 destroyers to have a poke and see if I can get some sort of reaction. He seems to have a pretty good head start over me... I've got a population growth and production bonus, so I'm hoping I can play my cards right as I get my 5th planet and get an upper hand, maybe start by eliminating some of the smaller players in my system and taking their planet when I can. Hm, I suppose for now it's just a game of cat and mouse. So, is anyone else using a customized race? I made mine on kind of a guess and check basis, but it sems to be working O.K. I'll post my race stats some time...

I went with the canned race, figured I would learn to play just 'flat out' this time.

Something to think about as far as tech goes. his highest level may be one higher than you, but he may be investing all his research into one field, so that may be a 'misnomer'.

I would send transports and destroyers to every planet he has that doesn't have a starbase, beat them back to one pop point and cripple him for life.

remember that starbases are very cost effective defense, so avoid his primary world for now. beat on the ones that dont have bases, and just keep expanding... I wish you weren't so friggin far away, I would come beat the crap out of him for you, I have over a 100 destroyers twiddling their thumbs in orbit right now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Something to think about as far as tech goes. his highest level may be one higher than you, but he may be investing all his research into one field, so that may be a 'misnomer'.

See, I figured that could be the case- but you need to remember that in order for him to get to 11 so soon (playing since the 11th), he may have started out with a lab bonus or something. My scout fleet will be arriving there shortly. He REALLY doesn't have much in the way of starbases, his home star has 2 of them, but they are relativly cheap so they could spring up on me just before I get there. That's a good thign for 2 reasons though, it probably means that he has spent more time on econ/destoyers so if he does attack, I have plenty of starbases for him to content with. Second is that if I launch attacks on several systems at once -as you suggested yourself, even- he'll be in trouble because he'll either need to divide his fleet of destoryers or waste a cripple himself by needing to buy starbases in the last second. I'll let you know how my scouts faired when I get back from dinner. Oh, and I'm gonna make a 2nd post and give you my race stats...

Intelligence Report
Biology 8
Economy 8
Energy 8
Mathematics 9
Physics 10
Social 10
Trade Revenue 0%
Trade Balance 0

Race Summary

* Start Up Lab
* +9% growth (+1)
* -10% science (-1)
* -4% culture (-1)
* +8% production (+2)
* -19% speed (-1)
* -15% attack (-1)
* +0% defense (+0)

Anyone else care to share theirs?

Ok Steve I have signed up.... I am playing as JorusCbaoth (ggrrrrr @ game not allowing underscore in my username lol)

Hope we can ally soon...
Cheers
Steve

Back