What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone playing astrowars online?

Yay, the stratagies the other guys used on me works. Ive alredy got a player taken down, and prepareing over 56 destroyers for some other guy. Just in time too, I got and sold my supply unit earlyer for somewhere around 780.00 or so, and now I just bought one at 677.00 and earned a little money
biggrin.gif
. Gonna use the supply units on ships tomorrow to destroy victum number 2.

Oh, and about the production points. I earn about 26PP per hour, and my highest produces 13PP. My highest pop at the moment is 3 (I had minus 36% bonus, so its kinda slow) and my highest factory is lv10. Its very low compared to you guys, but my main sorce of income is the supply units. Gotta kill someone else before I run out. And est, lv 14 factory is overdoing it a little. The investment kinda dosn't pay off to well after lv 10 or so. Try to clonize more planets and build cheeper lvs of factories on them, and then use spend all to transfer all the money
smile_m_32.gif
. Zongyi

I disagree on a level 14 factory not cutting it, the thing is though, when you get that high, it's more ecenomical to use supply units to build them.

Well, we all have our opinions. I'd rather spend the units on PP for fleets
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And est, lv 14 factory is overdoing it a little

Well, I found it economical in the scheme of things, NTM, if I remember correctly, I got there because I used a supply unit - I was still figuring things out
smile_n_32.gif
-. No way in heck I'm going to the next level any time soon, though! 1,400+ PP- no thanks! lol Anway, I got one of the low priced supply units, no I need to decide whether to spend it or keep it and sell it later. Ram, what'd you suggest? I have a young colony which could get a boost, or I could buy ships... Hmm. Oh, btw, my total production per hour is up to 120/hour. Gotta raise that social! Just a few more hours then I need to switch over to Mathematics, it's my only bloody hope against the contender in my star system... I reall wish something would happen though, that way I know if I'm just wasting my time or what... Well, the fleet grows steadily.
smile.gif
Oh! 40 more hours until culture level goes up- might lead to showdown between myself and my opponent. There's only one planet left in the system, it's owned, but if I want to keep the stakes even in my home star system, I gotta take it. Well, back to the grind!

Using it is your call, I think it's worth it to boost production.

Oh, and I thought 14 was overdoing it till i looked at the top planets list, there are people with lvl 40 robotic factories. eek.

I haven't launched my fleet just yet, I am debating if I should wait until the morning when all my other ships have mustered around my home world... then, launch the entire kitn' kaboodle.

I just launched a fleet of 43 destroyers to a new planet with... 10 colony ships... I didn't think to save some to go somewhere else... but oh well I'm moving into a kinda theatening system where everyone has higher lvls than me as far as I can tell. I launched another fleet of 63 destroyers to another planet of that system with 11 colony ships. It should be interesting.

Wes, I think it's a good move to send that many colony ships, the others will dissasemble and become PP's when the ships arrive, allowing you to immediatley bump up that colonies defenses and production ability. smart move IMHO.

225 destroyers and 14 battleships are currently enroute to a free planet in my friends occupied system, the will arrive at 9:45 PM and promptly slingshot to the one of the occupied worlds, said occupied world will have less than 2 hours notice and chances are, the user won't even be logged in before i own the planet.

I am not debating on whether or not my fleet should slingshot around and attack his home system... gee sounds fun... not sure it's a wise move though.

RP, yea that was my reasoning after I launched since well... I can't really do anything about it. When I have establised my two bases, I am going to lay seige to a nearby planet that is no longer owned but is "unkown" it should be interesting cause the SB is lvl 13. I'm gonna have about 50 back up ships for safety sake. Would you reccomend sending robotic factories lvls really high really fast?

I just had a few of my destroyers scattered across neighbor systems that seem to have quit playing. Im gonna destroy the starbases to gains some exp and more SU, then stake a few at each planet so they wont be makeing anything anymore.

Wow, 2 hours is pretty fast, what is your energy lv at right now? They say later in the beta, ships will be flying from system to system in less then a few minutes. Now thats scary! Zongyi

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Attention !!! We have evidence of an incoming fleet around that time. 90 Destroyer going to attack Epsilon Deneb el Delphinus 6!
We suppose its the Fleet of NIghtmare85.

This is due about 11 hours from now. Too bad for me that that's like 1:00AM local time.
smile_n_32.gif
In any case- Now defending: level 11 starbase - just built
smile_m_32.gif
-, 25 destroyers, with 70 more en route due to arrive before the enemy. Furthermore, I'll be able to reach the next physics boost by then, and I'll be able to build the next level of starbase before, as well. I don't want to send any more ships in case he tries to attack multiple planets at once. He's reached his next culture level... I'm not sure if he's probing me, distracting me from the last remaining planet not controlled by one of us, or if he's actually stupid enough to think he'll be able to do much... Or if I'M stupid enough to think he wont! Oh the suspense! Wish me luck.
smile_m_32.gif

Did you use the battle calculator? Remember to clue in the possiblitity that he has a bonus in attack and defence. Insert the worst scenario into the calculator (have the oppoents max stat be physics or math, max bonuses, etc). Zongyi

Oh, I already did, I know I have nothing to worry about, his max science is 13... And the simple fact that I outgun him even without my starbases is comfortin. I'm not worried much about this battle- it's more that it's unpredictable what'll happen next. Things tend to happen when someone has an extra culture point just kinda sitting around.

Est, I'm glad I'm not you. I landed in the right system, me and my ally have fanned out and are sharing the systems we take. For every new system the one who did NOT take it gets three planets and the one who DID take the system gets the rest. That way we stay protected because each of us is there for the other person. In a week or less we will have two other systems other than our original systems, one will be mine and the other will be his. If someone picks on one of us, he picks on both of us.

RP,
My ships have finally landed in the new system. I got right to work on my robotic factories and tomorrow morning I'm gonna send another few small fleets from my main system to the new one. I hope to be ready to attack "unknown's" lvl 13 base by Saturday. Wish me luck, all. I have a feeling that I will be contending with a guy in this new system who has a higher player lvl than I along with science and culture.

Good luck to ya Wesley! I hear you on the note of diplomacy; I've been in conact with the guy with the last unclaimed (by myself or my contender) planet in my home system. Considering swapping colonies if necessary. If my opponent takes that planet, the planet ratio in that system will be majorly to my disadvantage- 5:7. I NEED to get this planet or I'm pretty much doomed, I'll take it by force if I have to. I suppose being in contact with this guy before this arose poses me with a unique oppertunity. It's very interesting, could go any way depending on how me and my contender play his cards- On that note, his waste of about 90 destroys should keep him down for a little. I maybe just be being fat headded, but I believe I'm slowly catching up to him, if I can stay alive and well, I may yet surpass him. You know, there's a possability that I could contact him and stop all this madness, but where's the fun in that in your home system? Nah, I'm gonna go for the gold.
smile_m_32.gif

hmmm... while I haven't even fought the first battle, I am thinking my situation is bleak... looks like the other alliance has drawn in a third member, they allready have my partner on the ropes... ick.

If I end up restarting, anyone want to join me in starting at a certain time on a certain day to see if we can end up in the same spot?

Bah, don't give up! Maybe you can force that person that you were about to attack to lend you a hand or threaten to attack them. When the going gets tough- it gets interesting. Well, if you do restart and want to customize your race, I can give you some good pointers on what NOT to do. Yes, I am speaking from experience.
smile_n_32.gif

lol not giving up by any means, but if this fleet bites it... For my area, I think it's a pretty powerful fleet, and it represents about 98% of my military might... I am holding off on all further ecenomic expansion, I want to be able to pump pp's into rebuilding that fleet mui pronto if neccessary, but sadly, I think this battle is pivotal... lose, and it will be a back breaker.

Well Boys and Girls... let this be a lesson to you. Never trust the words of a frenchman!
smile.gif
MarcinoV told me there were 400 destroyers, my fleet just ran smack dab into a wall of nearly 1000. In the process I catapulted EvilDido from a player level 1 at 17% to a player level 8 at 75%. He has just become not only a powerful emperor, but a nice rich one was well.

Wow, 1000 destroyers? Thats scary. I have about 40 at each system around me destroying starbases to level up. If you do restart, you can try to restart a few more times and there is a small chance that you will end up beside me (there is a number of new planets to my right). Right now, culture is getting me stuck.

Rampuppy, if your gonna restart, dont take the canned one, they almost never get to the top. Try focusing on being a farmer or a warrior (the latter is more fun, but the first usually gets the top 10s). Zongyi

So, to keep you guys updated: The guy's attack came, it turned out quite well. I lost under 10 destoryers and only a few levels of starbase, PPwise this was an expensive fight for that guy. The better news is that I went up 3 levels from this fight, I'm now a higher level than him, and my rank is almost equal with his while it was considerably lower before. With those 3 levels, of course, came 3 Supply Units.
smile.gif
So, I sold two at a pretty nice price and used one and with the money I had I bought -still waiting for the 11:00 update for it to arrive- an astrolabe 1. This artifact, will negate my -10% malus. Will have level 12 mathematics completed one and a half hours from now and this science boost will sure be nice in getting me to level 15 quick. I've got a colony ship -a few actually- being sent to a planet for colonization so I'm still expanding while my contender failed miserably on his attack and isn't expanding. Furthermore, the person with the last planet in the system that's unowned by myself of my oponent has fortified his planet with at least a few more star bases, and I'm hoping that he'll update me if he sees that he's going to get attacked.
All in all, things are looking pretty good for me, there aren't any really powerful players nearby, not to the best of my knowledge at least. So, for now I'm racking up the PP and using surplus to build destoryers; I have a fleet of 112 that I plan on sending to my "friend" soon, probably with a smaller secondary fleet to another planet to keep him from amassing all of his destoyers. I'm hoping this science boost will make me some nice progress because at least in one area my opponent has a level higher in science than I do.
Ram, sorry to hear about your loss, but if you restart then hopefully you'll at least be near one of the players from these forums. I'd love to have you as an ally.
smile.gif
Well, best of luck to everyone out there! I'll let you know how things continue... Am I the only one rather enjoying reading/writing about how everything is going?

Back