What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yawn...

Hey guys I just wanted to share my enthusiasm Its pretty much spring! Althogh the weather here in colorado springs doesnt really say so, warm front moving in though, My plants are sending up Pitchers!!!! Two of them are even sending up flowers and one of them has had a flower since november (just now producing seed) YAY!!!! Whats goin on with your plants?

I took out the purpurea, divided it (first time in my life i've divided any sarr), VFT's, and rubra.. oh yeah and the crobra lily which is DEAD
smile_h_32.gif
. the others seem to be doing ok... the purpureas have new growth as well as the VFTs (they were yellow... now they're turning green) and the rubra seems alive but I don't see new growth yet.
and I began to plant non-CP seeds
biggrin.gif

All my sarrs are starting to put out pitchers, and one of my VFT's is sending up a flower spike (which I am gonna lop off soon).

Well, I imagine that under the snow I might still have some plants left- I brought my D.filiformis up from the basement window last week since they went dormant in late August for some totally unknown reason and they are slowly getting down to business

And I guess I should start getting stuff growing for our garden, we have a whole yard to play with this year (I wonder if he's planning n outdoor bog too??? hmmmmmm)

The Sarrs are snoozing under their leaf pile. I'll fluff the leaves up later today and will start removing leaves in another month or so. I'm concerned about the number of maple leaves in the pile because they mat down badly, unlike the oak leaves I prefer. The Neps and Ceph are doing well, but the larger Neps aren't pitchering.

Out int he g/h I have quite a bit going on. Some Drosera are already out of dormancy, others still in growth as they have been all year, most VFTs are growing again... Then there are the Sarrs... Most have new growth of some type. (I went through and cut off all dead material about 2 weeks ago) Some are nothing but a flower stalk some are sending up pitchers first and a few is sending up pitchers and flowers all at the same time. It's a great time of the year in my green house!!!
Andrew

spring? hahah

oh the hardwood and sodtwood cuttings are fine so far, no sings of rot.

..Craptacular as usual. It's all good.

The only real reason I look forward to spring is my plants. I'm not one of those people that gets all excited about "SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I'm just not a very sunny person, that's all -_-

Back