What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here is the first one I brought in... S purpurea ssp venosa; I rescued this one from a small cubic plastic prison at Lowe's.  In the foreground is a prolific U livida in bloom.  Not seen, to the right of the utric in the same pot, is a D capensis seedling.  The two largest pitchers have grown since I brought the pot into my office.

Peeking into the frame to the right are a few leaves and the spent inflorescence of a Tillandsia cyanea.

S%20purpurea.jpg

(Here is a nice, hi-res pic of this plant taken a few weeks ago.  It is before the first large leaf developed much venation, and before the second large leaf came in.  2.6 MB file)

The next photo is my S rubra (unknown ssp., but probably rubra), also rescued from Lowe's.  The small green patch on the right side of the pot is a P primuliflora plantlet.  I will eventually seed this pot with U bisquamata or U subulata.

S%20rubra.jpg

Back