Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Feb. 12 2005,9:47)]Did you see I mentioned brain/cranial capacity (aka the interior)? (On AVERAGE, Neanderthals=1600cc, us=1300cc.) Yes, the whole brain:body ratio comes into play (so does ambient temperature), but not all people of certain origins are of similar physical stature. What I'm trying to say is, brain size has NO influence on intelligence.
    ok, crainal capacity has no effect on cognitive abilities, with in a range of course. first the measurements for Neandertals at 1600cc is an average from what would like comprise a small sample of their population and it is not outside the range of human variablity, which means they likely did not have any greater or for that matter any less "intellegance". if crainal capacity determined intellegence sorry girls but you would be the dumber sex by about 10%, however, it has been shown that the difference is likely do to an increased amount of spinal fluid around the brain(which is likely the case with neandtals, look at the rest of their bodies, clearly evolved for taking damage and surviving) in males, and it has also been proven that the relative cognitive abilities of each sex is insignificant.

as for diff. races( which do not exist humans have made them up) have differnt intellegence levels that is a joke, although the crainal size may be differnt in differnt races(though usally its just a small shape differnece) the cognitive abilities of each "race" have been shown to be on par with each other with only insignificant differnece or flawed data.

So i guess what my point is is this RACES DO NOT EXIST! period, they are only fabriacated by people when they feel they can gain by creating an us/them situtation.

though i will say as a side not Neandertals were likely more intelligent than modern humans as there has not been any evidence found for interpersonal or intergroup violence among them. which is much better than what you can say about modern humans.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I would argue that there is a greater Gap between Republicans and Democrats than there is between whites and blacks these days, those polictical parties have become cultures unto themselves. ( I could be wrong, and am willing to accept that however! )
    That is probably very true.
    I also believe that much of the perceived racism here in the U.S. is a product of our media, which jumps on every little story and blows it way out of proportion. I frankly believe that there is much more racial hate in other parts of the world than here.
    If you want to see racism first hand try going to Europe. I am of pure Gypsy descent and in France and Germany I was viewed with suspicion...like maybe I was going to pick their pocket or sell them an over-the-hill horse. I would gladly have gladly done that but I guess I didn't inherit the gene. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

I quote the following statement in jest, so I don't want a bunch of hate mail.
    Somebody famous once said, "The Irish hate the Brits. The British hate the Germans. The Poles hate the Russians...and the French...the French don't like anybody very much.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i feel the tention really has died down...one of the biggest poblems we face now is AIDS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]As for... teletubbies....they suck...one of em's gay..
    so?
    Quote[/b] ]as for diff. races( which do not exist humans have made them up) have differnt intellegence levels that is a joke,
    depends how you see it. whites really do score higher on IQ tests than blacks (and probably hispanics, etc.. by the way... I'm mexican) but that's not because of race. It's because of the environment they're raised in.
    Quote[/b] ]So i guess what my point is is this RACES DO NOT EXIST!
    I think races do exist but they aren't relevant to much of anything. Just because races exist it doesn't mean one is lower or higher.
    Quote[/b] ] I am of pure Gypsy descent and in France and Germany I was viewed with suspicion
    well, the government in the US. discriminates against middle eastern people with their racial profiling.
    Quote[/b] ]The Poles hate the Russians...and the French...the French don't like anybody very much.
    and the americans hate the french :P
    freedom fries... holy cow that's stupid!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drug laws are often written and enforced in very racist ways. Penalties for crack, which is associated with racial minorities, are worse than penalties for cocaine, which is associated with whites.

A coworker who's an EMT for a volunteer ambulance was called to a cheap & sleazy motel for a possible overdose late on a Saturday night. They found a sick woman (white) with her 8 yr old son and her boyfriend (black). Police had found marijuana and she admitted she had been smoking in front of the kid. The police chewed her out for doing that and told her she could be arrested and the kid taken away. But they didn't do anything further, while arresting the boyfriend for the crack cocaine they found. They allowed the mother to find a relative to take her son before she went to the hospital.

Minority women are typically arrested for risk of injury to a minor in such a situation. Their children are taken into protective custody by the state Dept. of Children of Families while the family life is investigated. I've seen it happen in my neighborhood. Whether it results from conscious racism or from communication or cultural gaps, minorities get worse treatment.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some companies are also racist towards employing people.
    My mum applied for a job here about a year or so ago, then they told her:
    "We only employ people from the United Kingdom and Countries that belong to the E.U."
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Feb. 13 2005,2:42)]RACES DO NOT EXIST!
    Man, Are the runners of the Boston Marathon, and the San Francisco Bay to Breakers gonna be ticked!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 14 2005,3:13)]
    Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Feb. 13 2005,2:42)]RACES DO NOT EXIST!
    Man, Are the runners of the Boston Marathon, and the San Francisco Bay to Breakers gonna be ticked!!!
    dont forget all the nascar fans, with out races what else are they gonna do? LOL
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast