Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [/QUOTE]There's a song by the band Anthrax that says" If we were blind and had no choice, would we hate each other by the tone of our voice?"[QUOTE]
    wow thats deep... whats the name of that song?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neanderthals had larger craniums (brain capacity) than modern humans. Does that mean they were more intelligent than us?? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALtrade, I have do disagree with you. You should read my second post on page two of this thread. In the south there is a very vocal racist group called the KKK. But that doesn't mean that most people in the south feel the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]but down south, i hear its still pritty bad.. it gives the south a real bad name, very unprofessional, people would take a mistake from a person and blame it on their whole "race"
    There are people like that everywhere. Just because you hear that is true doesn't make it true. As I stated in my second post, I have lived in the south and the north, and I have met more racist people above the Mason Dixon line than below it.

Quote[/b] ]martin luther king once said "judge someone not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their characte
    I think you should open your mind a little more to include people in the south. To me it sounds like you're one of the people that blames the whole south for being racist, because you've heard of the actions of a few.
    Quote[/b] ]but...im sorry i really hate purple people..darn teletubies
    I agree, but please don't leave out Barney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry if it seemed that way, i have a teacher and she tells me in the south its still pritty bad, i took her word for it. and i also heard when colin powell was told he should run for president, he got MANY theats from the south, so he rejected the offer.. dident mean to single you out there buddy... i hear some people even still have the confederate flag up..

and barney is the first to go down..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (altrade212 @ Feb. 12 2005,1:43)]
    There's a song by the band Anthrax that says" If we were blind and had no choice, would we hate each other by the tone of our voice?"
    wow thats deep... whats the name of that song?
    I'm almost sure the song is "Scisim" from the album State of Euphoria

If you want a real look into thier veiws on racism, check out the Presistence of Time cd. Check out the song "Keep it in the Family" off that album

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Neanderthals had larger craniums (brain capacity) than modern humans. Does that mean they were more intelligent than us?? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    really good point shokuchuu

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (altrade212 @ Feb. 12 2005,2:04)]sorry if it seemed that way, i have a teacher and she tells me in the south its still pritty bad, i took her word for it. and i also heard when colin powell was told he should run for president, he got MANY theats from the south, so he rejected the offer.. dident mean to single you out there buddy... i hear some people even still have the confederate flag up..

and barney is the first to go down..
    Don't worry about it. Alot of people think that the south is full of racist, and everybody there are in the KKK, and so on.

I wonder where your teacher got her info from. Has she even been in the south?
    I haven't heard that about Colin Powell. But if it's true, I'm sure it was from a very vocal minority. Before the war in Iraq, I would have voted for Powell.

A few weeks ago a white guy went into a gas station and assaulted the cashier just because he was black and the gas station is in a all white town. That happened in Vermilion Ohio. But if that happened in Mississippi, it probably been on the national news. Since it was in ohio, nobody even heard about it. Like I said before if you are looking for something, you're find it. When the media goes into the south, looking for racism, they will find it. I would love to see a news station to do a show where they go to towns in the south and north to see which is more racist.

Yes, there are people who still fly the Confederate flag. It's not a symbol of hate. It's just the flag that was used by Confederate states. The KKK has used this flag and that is why people think of hate when they see it. I have one in my front yard, and I live in Ohio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast