Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently live in the south, and I rarely hear of racism. It is a definate minority but that minority if a very loud minority. The KKK is usually related to the deep south. As for blacks... I think they have officially been outnumbered by the Hispanics. I do not really think that Hispanics get singled out like the blacks did. They were very unfortunate, and many are still healing. I am personally not racist in any way(or at least not that I know of), otherwise I'd be in HUGE trouble... My sister is engaged to a black man. They are complet opposites and yet so much the same.

P.S. DOWN WITH BARNEY!!!!!
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you see I mentioned brain/cranial capacity (aka the interior)? (On AVERAGE, Neanderthals=1600cc, us=1300cc.) Yes, the whole brain:body ratio comes into play (so does ambient temperature), but not all people of certain origins are of similar physical stature. What I'm trying to say is, brain size has NO influence on intelligence.

As far as the KKK go, it's not only in the south. Michigan has a reputation.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read somewhere that Albert Einstein had a smaller than normal brain. I can't that it's true, but it's something to think about.
    Also I've read that the smartest race are Asians, I can't verify that either, but they seem to have the smallest heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (zappafan @ Feb. 12 2005,3:03)]Bone density has alot to do with cranium interior space. The bone density of a neanderthal is most probably thicker than a modern caucasians. The exterior appearance of the neanderthals skull would suggest larger cranium space without factoring in the restriction of bone density in the interior. Like an optical illusion we see the exterior and assume the interior space must be larger. Also, like thin rind watermelons as opposed to thicker rind watermelons. You cannot tell a thin rind watermelon from the exterior.Blacks are supposed to have greater bone density than whites and therefore more restricted interior cranium space. Also blacks have higher testosterone levels than whites and have been said to be more aggressive for that reason. I do not believe the constitution allows for the suppression of the confederate flag as a historical symbol. That flag has definately been under attack and many people would like us to just associate it only with racism. I think that could be considered revisionist history., Yes I have studied these things but can't remember where I have read everything. Please do not label me because I am proud of my white heritage. Labelling is the easiest thing to do and happens much to frequently to people who hold differing views. Concerning races and species, what I am implying is this, yes we are all humans. But consider the vft. The vft has many forms which take on different genetic traits. For instance the "sport" all green is definately a recessive gene. If you took out all the sports/mutants(those with recessive genes) out of the gene pool they will hardly resurface in the future. If you rogue out Dentate from the gene pool(not allowing it to breed/pollinate) you have practiced what is known as natural selection. Tomato plants generally have "regular leaf" and it is dominant over the recessive "potato leaf" and "rugose leaf" plants. Exterior differences(looks/morphology) are all based on interior genetic differences.
    You're right, but saying that white's mixing with others and their "recessive" genes being whipped out is bad is your opinion.

White people's eye color recessive? Explain.

It doesn't matter if an animal has a larger cranium or not, even if it can hold more room. It makes no difference. It's what's inside that counts.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many many very smart white/black/asian people. There are many many very stupid white/black/asian people.

Even if the whole cranium thing is true, it's a useless statistic. It isn't remotely reliable in predicting the intelligence of the next white/black/asian person you'll meet, so what's it worth? Like someone said, there's typically more genetic variety between random individuals than there is between races as a whole. So how is race useful?

I'm not even being PC here... this is just simple practicality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incidentally, there were a number of unusual things about Einstein's brain that made him different, and they weren't related to his cranium capacity. And the part about it being smaller is a myth, as far as I know.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/371698.stm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (zappafan @ Feb. 12 2005,5:07)]I am having a great struggle with racist views honestly. I have been indoctrinated by my life experiences and people acting "racist" to me.
    Unfortunately our brains are very interested in patterns. It was pretty useful eons ago to conclude that if a bear mauled your friend, there was a pretty good chance you would get mauled by bears you encountered in the future.

But in modern society that pattern-obsession causes a lot of additional problems we just don't need.

So keep in mind your brain doesn't always know what's best for you. The subconscious response to people's external differences is just a knee-jerk reaction that you can disregard if you choose to.

And if other people are racist it's their problem. A lot of people have views on the world that just don't hold up philosophically... doesn't mean we need to let ourselves suffer the same fate.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast