What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Racism

• Thread starter altrade212
  • Start date
There are many many very smart white/black/asian people. There are many many very stupid white/black/asian people.

Even if the whole cranium thing is true, it's a useless statistic. It isn't remotely reliable in predicting the intelligence of the next white/black/asian person you'll meet, so what's it worth? Like someone said, there's typically more genetic variety between random individuals than there is between races as a whole. So how is race useful?

I'm not even being PC here... this is just simple practicality.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zappafan @ Feb. 12 2005,5:07)]I am having a great struggle with racist views honestly. I have been indoctrinated by my life experiences and people acting "racist" to me.
Unfortunately our brains are very interested in patterns. It was pretty useful eons ago to conclude that if a bear mauled your friend, there was a pretty good chance you would get mauled by bears you encountered in the future.

But in modern society that pattern-obsession causes a lot of additional problems we just don't need.

So keep in mind your brain doesn't always know what's best for you. The subconscious response to people's external differences is just a knee-jerk reaction that you can disregard if you choose to.

And if other people are racist it's their problem. A lot of people have views on the world that just don't hold up philosophically... doesn't mean we need to let ourselves suffer the same fate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zappafan @ Feb. 12 2005,5:07)]Okay everyone. I can respond to your questions but I am choosing not to do so now. I am having a great struggle with racist views honestly. I have been indoctrinated by my life experiences and people acting "racist" to me. I have told my family I would not talk about it anymore. I know Jesus wasn't racist. Believe it or not God has spoken to me in the past and I need to be more loving. But it's hard. I'm sorry if I have offended everyone. To each his own. I need to reestablish my walk with the Lord. God bless you all.
I think it's very big of you to post that. Your opinions may not be held by most of the members here, including myself, but your opinions are always welcome.

I'm pretty sure people were being level-headed. No need to get hurt by anything said here. Figuring out which findings hold up and which don't is all part of the process.

I dont call myself an Italian-American I'm american and so is everyone else and they should be proud of it!

Before your posts are deleted let me ask you to please leave them. In my opinion, there is no hate in your post and there is nothing wrong with them at all.

I still am startled that those extremely recest people in the 60's and 70's are still alive today. - obvipusly they ere but 4 some reason it startles me.

As for, wich is smaller, smater, etc thats Bull****. Our Genetic differences are detectable but we shere so very much in common- genetic differences amoung races are like .05%, genetic variability accounts for such superficial caricter trates amoung races, and yes, while people amoung races shere certain traits, that does not in any way affect how our our minds or bodys work.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Feb. 12 2005,8:40)]I still am startled that those extremely recest people in the 60's and 70's are still alive today. - obvipusly they ere but 4 some reason it startles me.

As for, wich is smaller, smater, etc thats Bull****. Our Genetic differences are detectable but we shere so very much in common- genetic differences amoung races are like .05%, genetic variability accounts for such superficial caricter trates amoung races, and yes, while people amoung races shere certain traits, that does not in any way affect how our our minds or bodys work.
Between human beings it is a .1 percent difference in the genes. But remember to take into consideration the fact that there are aproximately 5 billion base pairs in our genome. That makes for 5 million potential differences. It's alot, but not alot relatively.

I've been absent from the forums for a few days and just got done reading this topic.

I missed all of what ZappaFan wrote and what is going on in his life. Consider yourself being prayed for, dude!

A lot of stupid things have been done in the name of Christianity throughout history. Part of it has been racial prejudice, based upon an exaggeration of an obscure verse. What ought to have been applied is the passage where it is said of God that there is neither Greek nor Jew, nor ..... Who cares what skin color or nationality or... a person is. Dr. King had it right - character. "Colorblindnes" is the way to go.

Zappa, I will say a prayer for you tonight.

Barney and Telletubbies must go.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Neanderthals had larger craniums (brain capacity) than modern humans. Does that mean they were more intelligent than us??
exactly...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There are people like that everywhere. Just because you hear that is true doesn't make it true.
that also applies to nature too! cottonmouths are NOT out to get you! (sorry... myths like that just piss me off.. i had to say that :p)
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]stated in my second post, I have lived in the south and the north, and I have met more racist people above the Mason Dixon line than below it.
in my corner of NC I haven't encountered any racism. sure, people joke about it but it's obvious they're joking... most of them anyway
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yes, the whole brain:body ratio comes into play (so does ambient temperature),
the body to brain ratio also doesn't have much to do with intelligence.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Barney and Telletubbies must go.
lol... there's a game somewhere where you shoot telletubbies! :p

[b said:

I think we all need to sing together..

I love you, you love me
We're a happy family
Then a shot rang out and Barney hit the floor
No more purple dinosaur

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Feb. 12 2005,11:12)]
[b said:

I think we all need to sing together..

I love you, you love me
We're a happy family
Then a shot rang out and Barney hit the floor
No more purple dinosaur
another rendition...

I hate you, you hate me
Let's get together and kill barney
With a great big knife and a gun from me to you
Won't you say you hate me too?

darned rascists...id kill em all cept i cant find any of the S.O.B.s.
As for... teletubbies....they suck...one of em's gay.. the other ones are scary...barney's all right tho he is annoying and has a stupid view on life
by rascist, i mean someone who actually bullies ppl they discriminate against... cant' stand em..

Back