Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do you feel with racism against african americans? i just watched "Men of Honor" GREAT movie... i really felt bad of how they used to treat african americans it was so evil, i just get real emotional when it comes to that, everytime i see vedios and hear about it, see documentries and movies i get very emotional.. i just wanted to know your views on racism (since its black history month i figured it was appropriate)..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Racism is one of the most pointless and counterproductive infections ever to enter the human consciousness. It derives from the wider desire some have to control other people and assume a position of power over them. Truly a human sickness.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't even get me started! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] I think an anti-swastika tattoo suffices to express my feelings towards racism.
    Very well said Capslock. Racism also includes fear of the unknown.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's part of human nature (a childish part IMO) to need to feel superior to others. We base this supposed superiority on a number of superficial things such as skin color, sex, or even where the person is from. Some day we will out grow this need to feel superior or at least control it before it destroys us.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slavery is the one prominent thing in the history of the South that I'm ashamed of.

I experience racism every day... my grandparents, as previously mentioned, are extremely racist and narrow-minded.... negrophobic, homophobic, redneckphobic, everything you can think of that qualifies as different from them, they're against it. Especially my grandmother. Anyway, prejudice is one of my biggest pet peeves. It REALLY pisses me off when somebody slams somebody else just because of something as simple as the color of their skin. This pretty much sums up my feelings: take a lesson from Big & Rich. Love Everybody. Amen-aaa.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guy in my church made a movie about racism in South Africa. It was even filmed in South Africa. Anyway, the movie was aired nationally on PBS. It is called Final Solution. He and A.C. Green(yea the basketball player) are friends and AC helped him out. Anyway the movie is great. Here is a link about it Movie
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Racism is definately a current problem that we need to correct
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FlytrapGurl gives me hope that the mentality toward race in the South is changing for the better. I live in Hawaii, where no race is in the majority. People of different races get along pretty well, but it's not perfect. Part of the reason for the relative harmony is that many people are of different ancestries. German, Hawaiian, Chinese, Portugese, Japanese, and Filipino -- and that could be the ancestry of just one person.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast