What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illogical children

You must define the difference between illogical and efficient. While it is illogical to leave things as they are it IS more efficient. If I leave it there, then when I need it again I know where it is. Therefore eliminating time looking for it. My wife though, she leaves the milk and peanutbutter out EVERY morning. I thought she was partially incapable of putting it away, now I know she is totally incapable of it. I leave my boots in front of the couch cause tomorrow morning I'll sit down on the couch and put them back on. Seems logical to me.

Joe

Personally, I started turning lights off when I started having to pay for them.

Try some negative reinforcement. When you catch them being bad, roll up a newspaper and hit the child on the noise. Reinforce the negative reinforcement by saying sterning 'Bad Child! Bad!'

Well it works for dogs.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wickedthistle @ Feb. 14 2005,7:25)]Each has RUDE deep dips in them, some have crumbs, some have crumbs and jelly.
I don't see how you can have rude dips. Did the dips spell out bad words?

Well, rude dips. You know, the kind that go straight down instead of nicely flattening and leveling the top of the peanut butter when you're done? It looks like someone stuck their finger in the jar and swooped some out. Though at least I can say she does use a knife when I'm watching. The crumbs imply she's just dipping food into the jar. Ewww.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wickedthistle @ Feb. 16 2005,11:11)]Well, rude dips. You know, the kind that go straight down instead of nicely flattening and leveling the top of the peanut butter when you're done? It looks like someone stuck their finger in the jar and swooped some out. Though at least I can say she does use a knife when I'm watching. The crumbs imply she's just dipping food into the jar. Ewww.
Sounds like they are convienence dips, not rude ones.  Now to get a nice even layer of peanut butter on your knife you can easily put it in and cut around the sides.  Due to the size and angle of the jars, this always seemed to be the most efficient way of getting the peanut butter out.  Only downside is you can't tell how much peanut butter is left. Crumbs could be from the knife going back to the jar for more peanut butter.

wicked, I think you need to seek professional help with your peanut butter problems.  Obviously this is not a problem that can be resolved through advice from friends.  
smile_l_32.gif

LOL, it's not just peanut butter. This includes ice cream, chip dip, salsa, etc. It's so gross to watch someone dip a chip so far in that their fingers are in the dip. Then they lick it and do it again. Double-dips are so wrong! Why do I have to be the adult!?!

I probably do have a problem. That's why I hoard my potato chips like a rat in my room. I know somebody hasn't dipped their entire arm into the bag and then rustle around with their hand to get at the tasty chips at the bottom!
confused.gif

See I can explain the peanutbutter. You know how it looks when you first open it? Well if that is disturbed and the peanut butter not used with in 1 week another jar must be cerimoniously opened. If the top is left intact until the end or is used all ont he first sandwich then it can be used until the end. Unfortunaly neither of these happen usually

Ironically, we don't even make peanut butter sandwiches at my house. My mom uses it for sauces (like thai satay) and on her rice porridge. At least I'll want to use it for toast or celery every couple of months.

I have 4 teenage girls in the house. Don't get me started! There is an overwhelming daily urge to drown all teenagers -- particularly those between the ages of 13 and 19.

If only your binata bushes worked a bit faster...you could set an example out of one kid. They'd all learn to be logical quickly!

I pity you Bob Z. But at least you can escape to the greenhouse

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BobZ @ Feb. 16 2005,7:00)]I have 4 teenage girls in the house. Don't get me started! There is an overwhelming daily urge to drown all teenagers -- particularly those between the ages of 13 and 19.
Wow, I just have a wife and one daughter. Just thinking about the ramifications.....
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Feb. 16 2005,3:29)]Bathroom Antics:

1) Why can't they put the toothpaste cap back on?
2) If the shampoo bottle is nearly empty, why can't they put it back on the shower caddy upside down?
3) Why do they almost never close the shampoo bottle?
4) Am I the only one who removes hair from the tub grate?
5) We have a hamper specifically for used towels, right outside the bathroom. Why can't they put them in there?
1. The toothpaste thing is one that bugs me.. Once I dropped the cap down the drain on a brand new tube (woops) and another time I found the tube had become a feeding ground for ants. Now I buy the flip cap tubes..

2. You dont put the shampoo bottle back upside down.. just makes the shampoo go everywhere when you take the cap off next.. thin out the last bit with water... works better and not as messy.

3. When you have your hand full of shampoo its hard to screw the top back on without spilling it and therefore having to remove the top again cause you need more shampoo

4. Uhhh ewwwwwww

5. Because wet towls dont dry well in a hamper.. they mold and then you really got problems.

Apparently, I am opposite of most of the people on here... I never turn the lights ON. I never use the light in my room unless I'm reading, I never turn the light on in the bathroom, even at night, I never have any lights on while I'm on the computer... in general, I piss my grandparents off alot, because they lOoOoOoOoooooooovvvvvvvve to have ALLLLLLLLLL the lights on in the house, ALLLLLLLLL the time. I hate it. My grandmother calls me a "mole" alot because I hate unnecessary lights. Of course, she pretty much slams holes in everything I do that is different than what she does... anyway, so yeah. Everybody tells me I'm gonna ruin my eyes straining them like this. Straining them? When the hell did I say I was strainging them? I can see just fine. I'm not straining to see anything.

My grandparents are more illogical than I am. My grandfather swears up and down I drink WAYYY too much water. I'm an obsessive-compulsive liquid drinker... I have to always be drinking something or I get anxious. I don't know WHY. I just DO. It might stem from my compulsive need to always be doing something. I can't just SIT. I'll sit and drink something. If I can't do that, I'll fidget or start cleaning things or testing the PH and ammonia levels in the fishtanks or making more water for the fish or lifting weights, even though I hate excercise. Anyway, my grandfather thinks I drink way too much water, and he thinks I'm going to get "water poisoning". Not from poison, no. From drinking alot of water. WTF?

He also makes these Thomas English Muffins every day... he cuts them in half and smothers butter on each half, presses them back together, then walks over to the sink and squeezes all the butter out.. o_O

LOL I'm the same way with fruit punch. I drink like...a gallon a day. At least it's sugar free!! I have that fidgety thing too, I gotta be doing two things at once at all times. And the TV MUST BE ON AT ALL TIMES!! LOL! I fear silence. And the worst part about doing two things at once is.. I'm a HORRIBLE multi tasker. And about the tooth paste thing....my dog thinks it taste good.....he's got a point it does!

Back