What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shooting in new york

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I just heard on the news that there was a shooting in a Ulster, NY mall. I have heard that there were 2 or 3 shooters. Also I have heard there is 8 people hurt.

tonight has been full of bad news
smile_h_32.gif

I just heard that there was only one gunman and only one person shot, and one hit with debris.

personally this kind of news gets me upset..not beacuse its a shoot but beacuse they made such a big deal just beacuse its upstate...where i live theres shootings EVERY NIGHT... but you never see reports, maybe once here or there

The media believe (probably correctly) that big-spending consumers who advertisers want will pay more attention to a shooting in a mall than to a shooting in an urban neighborhood.  On the other hand, I almost went through the roof several months ago when a TV station here mentioned some heinous crime in New Haven county.  The city of New Haven has more than its share of crime, but much of the rest of the county is well-to-do suburban towns.  The crime was in one of those, but the casual watcher heard "New Haven" connected to more "violent crime" and the perception of crime in the city was reinforced.  The town where the crime occurred is known well enough that most people watching the news would have recognized its name.

Ah, gotta love NY.

Just recently two bodies were found in a trunk at my local train station, and the guy two doors up from me was arrested for innapropriate behaviour with a minor. And we moved here because it's supposed to be a GOOD neighborhood!

Back