User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]They did a study and found out that the longer someone goes without sleep, the more toxins build up in the body, and after a while, you will inevitably die, since those toxins are somehow only eradicated during sleep. Your immune system will also decline with extended sleep deprivation, since most things done that have anything to do with the immune system are done during sleep.
    Really? whered u hear that because i know of several cases of cronic insomnia in wich those people wer unable to get true sleep for years
    that makes no logic

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Science class. Besides, there's this certain chemical which is normally only produced during sleep, which you need, and I'm pretty sure there's an injection of this chemical you can get that makes up for a lack of sleep.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Feb. 17 2005,5:34)]Science class. Besides, there's this certain chemical which is normally only produced during sleep, which you need, and I'm pretty sure there's an injection of this chemical you can get that makes up for a lack of sleep.
    And what would that be? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Plants sleep too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably seratonin.

Anyone who's done their homework on body building, lifting weights, exercise, so on, knows that when you lift the weight your breaking down muscle, the real action of building muscle occurs when you sleep. (sort of, studies show if you take a protien shake within an hour of working out you will build more muscle because more building blocks are present, so you start re-building right away, but the vast majority of your muscular development takes place during sleeping hours)

When I was lifting weights a while back (need to seriously get back into that) I would wake up in the middle of the night and slam ap rotien shake to keep my body fueled for building muscle, I slapped on 3 pounds (of muscle) in one week before... was sleeping a lot too!

\"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I sleep like those guys in the war films. I wake up every other hour and take guard duty, except it's just me and there's nothing out there."
    -Stephen Wright

I never seem to sleep more than 4-6 hours a night (or day actually) and it's almost never in a row.

I can't recall any dreams for the past decade or so, is that bad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope thats a good thing you only remember those dreams that you wake up in the middle of and you dream every night so it means that you must sleep pretty soundly.
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might want to read about sleep apnea, swords. Sounds like a possibility.

I've noticed the longer I sleep the more coherent my dreams become and the better they stay in my memory after I wake up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do know that caffeine doesn't give you energy, it keeps you from feeling sleepy. There is a certain chemical that bonds to your cells. When bonded, you feel sleepy, sleep breaks them apart (i guess). Caffeine breaks them apart, and keeps them from bonding.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast