User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where does everyone stand in regards to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know i'm just asking for trouble here, but...

I think sleep is a time when the brain goes over all of the new information processed throughout the day. It is also a time when the brain converts short term memories in to long term memories. It is also a state when the body uses less energy to stay conscious, so it can spend time fighting off diseases and infections. It also allows the body to bide it's time, and allow it to save energy for when it matters during the daytime, for hunting, building, etc.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why would you be asking for trouble?
    those ideas sound perfectly reasonable to me..

I would like to know why certain people suddenly pop into your dreams for no apparent reason..
    I had this friend in gradeschool/highschool, Greg, havent seen the guy once since highschool graduation 18 years ago.
    havent even thought about the guy in untold years.
    suddenly he is in a dream a few nights ago..we were in the highschool cafeteria, just chatting at a cafeteria table..what is up with that??

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely in favor of sleep! Someday I would like to achieve 8 consecutive hours of it.

For some reason it reminds me of an anecdote. About 30 years ago the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was being interviewed, after going 0-14 for the season. During the interview he was asked about the execution of his team. He said he was in favor of it.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never get enough. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Sleep.. Is... Good....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scottychaos, i am wondering the same thing. And why do other things pop in to your dreams too? We are reading the Lance Armstrong book in english class, and last night, i dreamed that i was in a doctor's office getting screened for cancer with a "manogram".

Also, i would like to get a consistent amount of sleep. Sometimes i'm lucky to get 3 for the whole night, others, my record is 13 straight hours.

What do you guys think that sleep actually DOES? What purpose does it serve?
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ughhh.. I wrote a story about sleep.... 4000 words, wonderful story tells about how a man's subconsious kills him... well it has some language and I dun cuss anymore so I wouldn't feel right giving the link...
    Anyway, subconsious I think of as a diff. personality, or person. Like you're actually two people, only one of them is just a script writer.
    Sleeping is when those two meet- its also temporary escape from the world of humans.
    Sleep is a good way to do somethin non damaging when you're angry or depressed... I tried to relate this to my friend yesterday but he had a better time smashing someones car. Oh well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast